Laramie County Veterans Affairs Department

Find Laramie County Wyoming veterans affairs departments, or service organizations. Veterans affairs departments like the VA (Veterans Affairs), VFW (Veterans of Foreign Wars), Amvets, and vet centers provide information and help with benefits, charities, insurance, disability, medical care, education, programs and compensation for veterans of the US Armed Forces.

US Department of Veterans Affairs - VA Medical Center-Cheyenne 2360 East Pershing Boulevard Cheyenne WY 82001 307-778-7550

Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 1881 2816 East 7th Street Cheyenne WY 82001 307-638-8886

Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 4343 3216 South Greeley Highway Cheyenne WY 82007 307-632-0950

Wyoming Veterans Commission 5800 Central Avenue Cheyenne WY 82009 307-777-8152

Veterans Affairs Departments Near Me

Veterans Affairs Departments by City

About Veterans Affairs Departments

Who is eligible to receive services at a Veteran Center?

Veteran Centers are open to veterans and active duty service members, including members of the National Guard and the Army Reserve. Certain services at Vet Centers are also available to family members of veterans and service members, including counseling services.

What education benefits does the Montgomery GI Bill provide?

The Montgomery GI Bill provides veterans with up to 36 months of funding to study at colleges, technical schools, or vocational schools. The benefit can be used for up to ten years from the date of discharge or release from active duty. Spouses and children of veterans may also be eligible for education benefits through the Dependents' Educational Assistance program.

What housing programs are available to veterans?

The VA runs a housing program through the Veterans Benefits Administration that offers loans to veterans to purchase homes, primarily in rural areas and small towns where private financing may not be available. Veterans may also use the service to refinance a home.