16941 Water Department

Find 16941 water departments, districts, authorities, boards, and services. Water departments provide information on drinking water, treatment plants, sewage treatment, water conservation, and testing.

Wellsville Water Treatment 111 West State Street Wellsville NY 14895 13.3 miles from 16941 585-593-3333

Hornell Water Department 407 Cleveland Avenue Hornell NY 14843 25.3 miles from 16941 607-324-7023

Wellsboro Borough Water Department 28 Crafton Street Wellsboro PA 16901 28.8 miles from 16941 570-724-4923

Steuben County Water Department 415 West Morris Street Bath NY 14810 32.6 miles from 16941 607-776-7398

Bath Water Department 7 South Avenue Bath NY 14810 32.6 miles from 16941 607-776-3121

Olean Water Department 101 North Union Street Olean NY 14760 35.1 miles from 16941 716-376-5657

Painted Post Water Treatment VICTORY Hwy Painted Post NY 14870 35.1 miles from 16941 607-962-5434

Erwin Town Water Department 310 Town Center Road Painted Post NY 14870 35.2 miles from 16941 607-962-3483

Mansfield Municipality Water Department 19 East Wellsboro Street Mansfield PA 16933 37.2 miles from 16941 570-662-2589

Corning Water Department 381 E Market Street Ext Corning NY 14830 38.4 miles from 16941 607-962-8638

Bradford City Water Department 28 Kennedy Street Bradford PA 16701 45.7 miles from 16941 814-362-3004

Chemung Water Department 851 Chemung Street Horseheads NY 14845 48.8 miles from 16941 607-739-2009

Elmira Water Department 261 West Water Street Elmira NY 14901 49.2 miles from 16941 607-733-9179

Horseheads Water Department 202 South Main Street Horseheads NY 14845 49.6 miles from 16941 607-739-5691

Chemung County Sewer Department 600 Milton Street Elmira NY 14904 50.7 miles from 16941 607-733-2887

Schuyler County Water Department 910 South Decatur Street Watkins Glen NY 14891 52.8 miles from 16941 607-535-6868

About Water Departments

How is drinking water regulated?

The Safe Drinking Water Act sets standards for water quality and safety, and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency has the authority to enforce the Act. Bottled water is regulated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.

Is water from private groundwater wells treated the same as public drinking water systems?

Regulations that protect public drinking water systems do not apply to privately owned wells. Owners of private wells are responsible for ensuring the quality and safety of their well water, including selecting a suitable site for wells and testing for contaminants.

What is a "boil water advisory"?

A boil water advisory is a notification from a government or public health agency to consumers that the drinking water supply may be contaminated with a pathogen. To disinfest water during a boil water advisory, water should be boiled at a rapid boil for at least one minute at sea level or three minutes at high altitudes.