16260 Water Department

Find 16260 water departments, districts, authorities, boards, and services. Water departments provide information on drinking water, treatment plants, sewage treatment, water conservation, and testing.

Franklin Water Department 550 3rd Street Franklin PA 16323 31.0 miles from 16260 814-437-1300

Du Bois Water Treatment 5656 Home Camp Road DuBois PA 15801 34.4 miles from 16260 814-371-6885

Corry Water Department 100 South Center Street Corry PA 16407 41.8 miles from 16260 814-664-4413

Slippery Rock Water Department 633 Kelly Boulevard Slippery Rock PA 16057 48.2 miles from 16260 724-794-8303

Bradford City Water Department 28 Kennedy Street Bradford PA 16701 49.0 miles from 16260 814-362-3004

Meadville Water Department 230 Chestnut Street Meadville PA 16335 50.6 miles from 16260 814-332-6899

Mercer Water Department E BEAVER St Mercer PA 16137 53.3 miles from 16260 724-662-2114

About Water Departments

How is drinking water regulated?

The Safe Drinking Water Act sets standards for water quality and safety, and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency has the authority to enforce the Act. Bottled water is regulated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.

Is water from private groundwater wells treated the same as public drinking water systems?

Regulations that protect public drinking water systems do not apply to privately owned wells. Owners of private wells are responsible for ensuring the quality and safety of their well water, including selecting a suitable site for wells and testing for contaminants.

What is a "boil water advisory"?

A boil water advisory is a notification from a government or public health agency to consumers that the drinking water supply may be contaminated with a pathogen. To disinfest water during a boil water advisory, water should be boiled at a rapid boil for at least one minute at sea level or three minutes at high altitudes.