Walker Housing Authority in Walker Minnesota

Address and phone number for Walker Housing Authority, a Housing Authority, at Michigan Avenue, Walker MN.

Walker Housing Authority
211 Michigan Avenue, Walker, Minnesota, 56484

About the Walker Housing Authority

The Walker Housing Authority, located in Walker, MN, is a government agency that operates and manages public housing in Cass County. The Housing Authority oversees low-income housing, including the application process, eligibility guidelines, and related resources. For example, Walker residents can receive subsidies for low-income housing, access public housing programs, and learn about other resources for eligible Cass County residents from the Housing Authority.

You may contact the Housing Authority for questions about:
  • How to qualify for Walker low income housing
  • Applying for housing subsidies in Walker
  • Public housing programs in Walker
  • The locations of low-income housing units
  • Walker Section 8 landlord information
Low-Income Housing in Walker

The Walker Housing Authority manages low-income housing in Walker, including building projects designed to increase the number of low-income housing units. The Housing Authority provides information on low income housing locations, different types of low-income units, the number of units available, and the application process.

Walker Low-Income Housing Eligibility

The Housing Authority can provide information on eligibility requirements for Walker low income housing. The Walker Housing Authority also manages the application process, including any lotteries or waitlists. You can contact the Housing Authority to learn about eligibility guidelines, submitting applications for low income housing, or joining the waitlist.

Cass County Section 8 Housing

The Section 8 program in Cass County provide vouchers for privately owned housing units. Offered at the federal level, through HUD's Housing Choice Voucher Program, Section 8 caps participants' rent at 30-40% of their income while property owners receive market rate rent. The Walker Housing Authority pays the remainder of the rent. Landlords can visit the Housing Authority to join the program.

Public Housing Programs

In Walker, the Housing Authority manages several different types of housing units, including apartments and single-family homes. Public housing programs in Cass County provide more than subsidies, they also offer a range of other services. For example, the Housing Authority can connect Walker residents with programs for rent assistance, utility bill assistance, and crisis support.

State and Federal Subsidized Housing

Cass County Housing Authorities work together with the Minnesota Department of Housing and HUD to provide subsidized housing in Walker. Local Housing Authorities receive funding from HUD to subsidize housing and oversee public housing developments in Walker. Walker public housing programs follow HUD public housing standards and procedures when managing public housing.

Contact the Walker Housing Authority

You may contact the Walker Housing Authority by calling 218-547-1822, or by addressing inquiries to the office mailing address: Walker Housing Authority, 211 Michigan Avenue, Walker, Minnesota, 56484.

Map of Walker Housing Authority in Walker Minnesota

Housing Authorities Nearby

Housing Authorities
Cass Lake Housing Authority
Cass County Housing Authority
Bemidji Housing Authority