Snohomish County Social Services

Find Snohomish County Washington departments of social services, DSS, DPSS, and human services. Departments of social services provide information on food stamps, public assistance, welfare, housing, healthcare, emergency assistance, and child services.

Washington State Social Service Department 805 156th Avenue Northeast Bellevue WA 98007 34.7 miles from Snohomish County 425-590-3000

Seattle Social Service Department 907 Northwest Ballard Way Seattle WA 98107 38.9 miles from Snohomish County 206-341-7424

Washington State Social Service Department 915 Sheridan Street Port Townsend WA 98368 47.4 miles from Snohomish County 360-379-4300

Washington State Social Service Department 1949 South State Street Tacoma WA 98405 64.9 miles from Snohomish County 253-593-2600

Thurston County Social Service Department 412 Lilly Road Northeast Olympia WA 98506 85.6 miles from Snohomish County 360-867-2618

Ellensburg Social Service Department 521 East Mountain View Avenue Ellensburg WA 98926 93.5 miles from Snohomish County 509-925-0440

Omak Social Service Department 130 South Main Street Omak WA 98841 105.8 miles from Snohomish County 509-846-2010

Lewis County Social Service Department 184 Northwest Chehalis Avenue Chehalis WA 98532 111.5 miles from Snohomish County 360-740-1418

Washington State Social Service Department 415 West Wishkah Street Aberdeen WA 98520 121.6 miles from Snohomish County 360-537-4300

Moses Lake Social Service Department 1620 South Pioneer Way Moses Lake WA 98837 133.8 miles from Snohomish County 509-764-5600

Washington State Social Service Department 2601 Pacific Avenue Long Beach WA 98631 158.3 miles from Snohomish County 360-642-3791

Astoria Social Service Department 450 Marine Drive Astoria OR 97103 161.4 miles from Snohomish County 503-325-2021

Washington State Social Service Department 907 Harney Street Vancouver WA 98660 173.1 miles from Snohomish County 360-993-7978

Oregon State Social Service Department 1425 Northeast Irving Street Portland OR 97232 179.5 miles from Snohomish County 971-673-1800

Beaverton Social Service Department 8880 Southwest Nimbus Avenue Beaverton OR 97008 186.0 miles from Snohomish County 503-277-2500

Clackamas County Social Service Department 2051 Kaen Road Oregon OR 97045 192.2 miles from Snohomish County 503-655-8520

Kalispel Tribe Social Service Department 1981 Leclerc Rd N Cusick WA 99119 208.4 miles from Snohomish County 509-445-1650

Washington State Social Service Department 206 W Poplar St Walla Walla WA 99362 211.9 miles from Snohomish County 509-524-4900

Oregon State Social Service Department 4074 Winema Place Northeast Salem OR 97305 220.6 miles from Snohomish County 503-378-2731

Colfax Social Service Department 418 South Main Street Colfax WA 99111 221.1 miles from Snohomish County 509-397-5050

About Social Services

Who is eligible for Social Services?

Eligibility varies depending on the type of program and the state, county, or local agency. Many programs are based on income and available only to households below a certain income threshold. Other programs may be targeted for specific groups, such as children, the elderly, or people with disabilities.

How do Social Services Departments verify eligibility for programs?

Participation in income-based programs typically requires applicants to provide pay stubs to verify income. Bank statements, tax returns, Social Security benefit letters, and similar documents may also be required. Verification of eligibility for other programs depends on the nature of the service, and the required documentation may include letters from health providers, heating or utility bills, rent or mortgage payments.

What are the requirements for working at a Social Services Department?

Social Workers are among the most common positions in Social Services Departments. Most Social Workers have a Bachelors of Social Work (BSW) degree, though many positions require a Masters of Social Work (MSW). Some form of licensing or certification is required in almost every state. In some cases, several years of supervised work may be part of the licensing process.