Snohomish County Public Works

Find Snohomish County Washington departments of public works or DPW. Public works departments provide information on public projects, maintenance of parks, buildings, roads, highways, bridges, tunnels, traffic signals, snow removal, public utilities, water treatment and sewage.

Arlington Public Works 238 North Olympic Avenue Arlington WA 98223 360-403-3500

Everett Public Works 3200 Cedar Street Everett WA 98201 425-257-8800

Lynnwood Public Works 19100 44th Avenue West Lynnwood WA 98036 425-670-6281

Marysville Public Works 80 Columbia Avenue Marysville WA 98270 360-363-8100

Mountlake Terrace Public Works 6204 215th Street Southwest Mountlake Terrace WA 98043 425-670-8264

Snohomish County Public Works 42819 State Route 2 Gold Bar WA 98251 425-388-3429

Snohomish County Public Works 19600 63rd Avenue Northeast Arlington WA 98223 425-388-3429

Snohomish County Public Works 7526 Menzel Lake Road Granite Falls WA 98252 425-388-3429

Snohomish County Public Works 21311 61st Place West Mountlake Terrace WA 98043 425-388-3429

Snohomish County Public Works 10700 Minuteman Drive Everett WA 98204 425-388-3429

Snohomish County Public Works 33014 Cascade View Drive Sultan WA 98294 425-388-3429

Snohomish County Public Works 19619 Dubuque Road Snohomish WA 98290 425-388-3429

Stanwood Public Works 26729 98th Avenue Northwest Stanwood WA 98292 360-629-9781

Sultan Public Works 703 1st Street Sultan WA 98294 360-793-9509

Woodway Public Works 23920 113th Place West Woodway WA 98020 206-542-0183

About Public Works

Does Public Works charge for services?

Some Public Works operations, such as maintenance of roads, parks and public facilities are typically funded through general taxation. Other services such as trash collection, water service and sewer service may be funded by user fees. Fees for trash collection may be a flat monthly service fee, or may be based on volume of trash collected.

Who is responsible for maintaining sidewalks?

The specifics vary from one jurisdiction to the next. Typically, the Public Works Department installs new sidewalks and replaces old sidewalks in accordance with a replacement schedule. Most state statutes and local ordinances place responsibility for maintenance of sidewalks with the property owner. In addition to repairs for sidewalks, property owners are almost always responsible for clearing sidewalks of snow and obstructions.

Can I get a stop sign installed on my street?

In most jurisdictions, a request for a stop sign may be made through the Public Works Department's engineering or roads maintenance division. The location is usually investigated and studied to determine if a stop sign is warranted and meets any applicable state guidelines for traffic control devices.