King County Public Works

Find King County Washington departments of public works or DPW. Public works departments provide information on public projects, maintenance of parks, buildings, roads, highways, bridges, tunnels, traffic signals, snow removal, public utilities, water treatment and sewage.

Auburn Public Works 25 West Main Street Auburn WA 98001 253-931-3010

Bothell Public Works 9654 Northeast 182nd Street Bothell WA 98011 425-486-2768

Burien City Public Works 400 Southwest 152nd Street Burien WA 98166 206-248-5521

Carnation Public Works 33100 Northeast 45th Street Carnation WA 98014 425-333-4484

Des Moines City Public Works 21650 11th Avenue South Des Moines WA 98198 206-870-6522

Federal Way City Public Works 33325 8th Avenue South Federal Way WA 98003 253-835-2700

Issaquah Public Works 670 1st Avenue Northeast Issaquah WA 98027 425-837-3470

Kent Public Works 400 West Gowe Street Kent WA 98032 253-856-5500

King County Public Works 10021 Southwest Cemetery Road Vashon WA 98070 206-463-9098

Kirkland Public Works 915 8th St Kirkland WA 98033 425-587-3900

Kirkland Public Works 123 5th Avenue Kirkland WA 98033 425-527-3800

Maple Valley Public Works 22017 Southeast Wax Road Maple Valley WA 98038 425-413-8800

Normandy Park Public Works 801 Southwest 174th Street Normandy Park WA 98166 206-824-8957

North Bend City Public Works 1155 East North Bend Way North Bend WA 98045 425-888-0486

Pacific Public Works 100 3rd Avenue Southeast Pacific WA 98047 253-833-2660

Redmond Public Works 15670 Northeast 85th Street Redmond WA 98052 425-556-2188

Renton Public Works 3555 Northeast 2nd Street Renton WA 98056 425-430-7400

Seatac Public Works 4800 South 188th Street SeaTac WA 98188 206-973-4720

Shoreline Public Works # 200, 17500 Midvale Ave N Shoreline WA 98133 206-801-2700

Snoqualmie City Public Works 38624 SE River St Snoqualmie WA 98065 425-831-4919

Public Works Near Me

About Public Works

Does Public Works charge for services?

Some Public Works operations, such as maintenance of roads, parks and public facilities are typically funded through general taxation. Other services such as trash collection, water service and sewer service may be funded by user fees. Fees for trash collection may be a flat monthly service fee, or may be based on volume of trash collected.

Who is responsible for maintaining sidewalks?

The specifics vary from one jurisdiction to the next. Typically, the Public Works Department installs new sidewalks and replaces old sidewalks in accordance with a replacement schedule. Most state statutes and local ordinances place responsibility for maintenance of sidewalks with the property owner. In addition to repairs for sidewalks, property owners are almost always responsible for clearing sidewalks of snow and obstructions.

Can I get a stop sign installed on my street?

In most jurisdictions, a request for a stop sign may be made through the Public Works Department's engineering or roads maintenance division. The location is usually investigated and studied to determine if a stop sign is warranted and meets any applicable state guidelines for traffic control devices.