King County Housing Authority

Find King County Washington housing authorities, departments, and HUD. Housing authorities provide information on section 8 public housing, rentals, applications, eligibility, affordable, low income, subsidized fair housing, hud homes, housing projects, and section 42 tax credits.

Auburn Housing Authority 38037 158th Avenue Southeast Auburn WA 98092 253-833-7616

Bellevue Housing Authority 16000 Northeast 8th Street Bellevue WA 98008 425-378-8315

King County Housing Authority 120 West Sunset Way Issaquah WA 98027 425-313-4665

King County Housing Authority 313 37th Place Southeast Auburn WA 98002 253-804-1085

King County Housing Authority 500 Southwest 148th Street Burien WA 98166 206-957-2091

King County Housing Authority 1424 148th Avenue Southeast Bellevue WA 98007 206-315-4380

King County Housing Authority 9926 Northeast 126th Street Kirkland WA 98034 206-574-1140

King County Housing Authority 20402 106th Avenue Southeast Kent WA 98031 253-893-7200

King County Housing Authority 10405 Southeast 172nd Street Renton WA 98055 425-264-0370

King County Housing Authority 600 Andover Park West Tukwila WA 98188 206-574-1100

King County Housing Authority 14701 Dayton Avenue North Shoreline WA 98133 206-420-7283

Renton Housing Authority 2900 Northeast 10th Street Renton WA 98056 425-226-1850

Seattle Housing Authority 1300 North 130th Street Seattle WA 98133 206-770-6850

White Center Housing Authority 9800 8th Avenue Southwest Seattle WA 98106 206-574-1290

Housing Authorities Near Me

About Housing Authorities

Who is eligible for the Public Housing Program?

Public housing is limited to low-income families and individuals. Housing Authorities determine eligibility primarily based on income, but they also take prior rental history into consideration. The income requirements are less restrictive for the elderly and disabled.

What is the Family Self-Sufficiency Program?

The Family Self-Sufficiency (FSS) program is a voluntary agreement between public housing residents and their housing authority. The agreement provides supportive services to the resident, such as transportation and childcare, while the resident undertakes education and training to improve their employment options. Any increase in rent that results from the resident's improved employment situation is deposited in an escrow account for the family's use at the end of the agreement.

Do Housing Authorities resolve disputes with landlords or complaints about housing discrimination?

No. Housing Authorities are providers of affordable housing and do not get involved in private housing disputes. Most counties and local governments have a Fair Housing Commission or similar agency dedicated to addressing unfair rental practices and discrimination.