King County Clerk Office

Find King County Washington clerk offices, including county, city, and circuit clerks, and clerks of court. Clerks provide information on public court records and legal documents, criminal, jail, and arrest records, marriage licenses, divorce, judicial, and probate records, businesses liens, notary services, real estate taxes and voter registration services.

Beaux Arts Village Town Clerk 10550 Southeast 27th Street Beaux Arts Village WA 98004 425-454-8580

Bellevue City Clerk 450 110th Avenue Northeast Bellevue WA 98004 425-452-6466

Enumclaw City Clerk 1339 Griffin Avenue Enumclaw WA 98022 360-825-3591

Federal Way City Clerk 33325 8th Avenue South Federal Way WA 98003 253-835-2540

Hunts Point Clerk 3000 Hunts Point Road Hunts Point WA 98004 425-455-1834

Kent City Clerk 220 4th Avenue South Kent WA 98032 253-856-5725

King County Clerk 516 3rd Avenue Seattle WA 98104 206-477-1020

Seattle City Clerk 600 4th Avenue Seattle WA 98104 206-684-8344

Shoreline City Clerk 17500 Midvale Avenue North Shoreline WA 98133 206-801-2230

Yarrow Point Town Clerk 4030 95th Avenue Northeast Bellevue WA 98004 425-454-6994

Clerk Offices Near Me

About Clerk Offices

What fees does a Clerk charge?

State law generally enables Clerks to recover a portion of their transactional costs, and some states regulate the fees that Clerks may charge. Most permits and licenses issued by Clerks carry a set fee. Land transaction filings typically carry a base fee plus an additional per page charge. It is common for Clerks to also charge a per page fee when providing copies of documents to the public.

Do Clerks collect taxes?

Clerks do not collect taxes. Tax collection is usually handled by a separate office established for that purpose. Some Clerk's Offices may accept tax payments as a convenience to the public.

What are the requirements to become a Clerk?

In some jurisdictions, the Clerk is an elected position, while in others the Clerk is appointed. Most Clerks have a college degree and at least some professional experience. Some counties and local governments require that the Clerk have or obtain a Certified Municipal Clerk designation.