Cowlitz County Town & City Hall

Find Cowlitz County Washington town & city halls. Town and city halls provide information on government agencies, boards, commissions, committees, departments, and elected officials.

Castle Rock City Hall 141 A Street Castle Rock WA 98611 360-274-8181

Kalama City Hall 6315 Old Pacific Highway South Kalama WA 98625 360-673-3706

Kelso City Hall 320 North 1st Avenue Kelso WA 98626 360-673-4562

About Cowlitz County Town & City Halls

A Cowlitz County Town or City Hall is a building that serves as the focal point of government activity for a town or city in Cowlitz County, WA. It is the location where the proceedings of the Cowlitz County legislative body take place and usually houses the central offices for the executive and administrative functions of the government. Depending on the size of the building, some municipal functions, and a number of citizen services may operate out of a Town or City Hall in Cowlitz County.

You may contact Town & City Halls for questions about:
  • Cowlitz County Public records
  • Marriage licenses and certificates
  • Town and City government offices
  • Local Cowlitz County politics
  • Voter poll locations and election procedures
Cowlitz County Public Records

Town and City Halls in Cowlitz County can provide free public records upon request. These records include Cowlitz County marriage licenses and certificate copies, as well as a variety of other historical and vital records. Cowlitz County birth and death records, marriage and divorce records can be obtained from Town and City Halls. Other public records that may be obtained in Cowlitz County include local elections and voter records, Cowlitz County Court records, Cowlitz County property tax assessments and real estate records.

Cowlitz County Town and City Councils

Cowlitz County City Halls and Town Halls have a chamber where public meetings of the Town Council, City Council, or other elected legislative body take place. The chambers are set up to allow for discussion among Council members and executive and administrative officers, as well as members of the Cowlitz County public interested in addressing the Council. Audience seating is available for members of the public and the media to observe public meetings in Cowlitz County, Washington. City or Town Halls are also equipped with telecommunications equipment to allow for taping and televising of public meetings. Other elected and appointed boards and commissions, such as the Cowlitz County Planning and Zoning Commissions, may also use the chambers for their meetings, particularly if members of the public or media attend the meetings.

Government Offices in Cowlitz County, WA

The office of the chief executive or administrative official, such as the Cowlitz County City or Town Manager, is located in Town or City Hall. Depending on the size of the building and how the departments are organized, other administrative functions may also be located in Town or City Hall, such as the Cowlitz County Finance Department or Human Resources. Many of the operating departments that have direct interaction with citizens are located in Town or City Hall, including the Cowlitz County Clerk's Office, Cowlitz County Tax Collector, and Cowlitz County Building Inspector. Departments that have extensive or specialized space requirements, such as Cowlitz County Police Department, Fire Department, Public Library, and Public Works, tend to be located in separate stand-alone facilities.