Clallam County Marriage License Office

Find Clallam County Washington marriage license offices. Marriage license offices provide information on marriage certifications, wedding licenses, certificates, applications, fees, and requirements.

Clallam County Marriage License 223 East 4th Street Port Angeles WA 98362 360-417-2220

About Clallam County Marriage License Offices

The Clallam County Marriage License Office is a government agency responsible for processing marriage license applications, issuing marriage licenses, and recording marriage certificates in Clallam County, WA. Marriage License Offices may include Clallam County Clerk's Office, Clallam County Town & City Halls and Clallam County Courts.

You may contact the Marriage License Office for questions about:
  • Finding Clallam County marriage records online
  • Applying for a marriage license
  • Clallam County marriage license fees
  • Getting copies of marriage licenses and certificates
Clallam County Marriage Records

Marriage License Offices in Clallam County provide marriage records upon public request. Marriage records that are part of the Clallam County marriage index and other public records are useful for a variety of reasons including name changes, applying for Social Security benefits, applying for insurance, verifying property and estate rights, and establishing paternity. Clallam County marriage records are also useful to genealogists and family researchers navigating family history.

Clallam County Marriage License Applications

A marriage license authorizes a couple to get married in Washington. When a couple submits an application for a marriage license, the Clallam County Marriage License Bureau will verify the couple's identification and determine whether they meet the minimum age requirements or have parental or guardian consent for the marriage.

Marriage License Requirements

To apply for the marriage license in Clallam County, the couple will need to provide the planned date and location of the wedding, the name of the person performing the ceremony, the names and maiden names of the couple's parents, photo identification and possibly birth certificates, and payment for the license. The application for a marriage license is usually submitted to the Marriage License Office in the county or municipality where the wedding will take place, though some states allow for the wedding to occur in a different jurisdiction.

Clallam County Marriage Certificates

Washington statutes determine who is eligible to perform marriage ceremonies. Following the wedding, the officiant and the couple sign a Clallam County marriage certificate. The officiant is responsible for submitting the marriage certificate to the Clallam County Marriage License Office within a set period of time, typically a few days. The Marriage License Office records the certificate and sends a certified copy of the marriage certificate to the couple, usually within a few weeks. Washington State and Federal agencies generally require a marriage certificate in order to recognize a marriage as legally valid.