Windsor County Clerk Office

Find Windsor County Vermont clerk offices, including county, city, and circuit clerks, and clerks of court. Clerks provide information on public court records and legal documents, criminal, jail, and arrest records, marriage licenses, divorce, judicial, and probate records, businesses liens, notary services, real estate taxes and voter registration services.

Bethel Town Clerk 134 South Main Street Bethel VT 05032 802-234-9722

Bridgewater Town Clerk 7335 U.s. 4 Bridgewater VT 05034 802-672-3334

Hartford Town Clerk 171 Bridge Street Hartford VT 05001 802-295-2785

Plymouth Town Clerk 68 Town Office Road Plymouth VT 05056 802-672-3655

Reading Town Clerk 799 Vermont 106 Reading VT 05062 802-484-7250

Rochester Town Clerk 67 School Street Rochester VT 05767 802-767-3631

Stockbridge Town Clerk 1722 Vermont 100 Stockbridge VT 05772 802-746-8400

West Windsor Town Clerk 22 Brownsville-Hartland Road West Windsor VT 05089 802-484-7212

Windsor County Clerk 62 Pleasant Street Woodstock VT 05091 802-457-5211

Windsor County Clerk 82 Railroad Row Hartford VT 05001 802-295-8865

Windsor Town Clerk 29 Union Street Windsor VT 05089 802-674-5610

Clerk Offices Near Me

About Clerk Offices

What fees does a Clerk charge?

State law generally enables Clerks to recover a portion of their transactional costs, and some states regulate the fees that Clerks may charge. Most permits and licenses issued by Clerks carry a set fee. Land transaction filings typically carry a base fee plus an additional per page charge. It is common for Clerks to also charge a per page fee when providing copies of documents to the public.

Do Clerks collect taxes?

Clerks do not collect taxes. Tax collection is usually handled by a separate office established for that purpose. Some Clerk's Offices may accept tax payments as a convenience to the public.

What are the requirements to become a Clerk?

In some jurisdictions, the Clerk is an elected position, while in others the Clerk is appointed. Most Clerks have a college degree and at least some professional experience. Some counties and local governments require that the Clerk have or obtain a Certified Municipal Clerk designation.