Clerk Offices in Washington County, Vermont

There are 10 Clerk Offices in Washington County, Vermont, serving a population of 58,691 people in an area of 687 square miles. There is 1 Clerk Office per 5,869 people, and 1 Clerk Office per 68 square miles.

In Vermont, Washington County is ranked 12th of 14 counties in Clerk Offices per capita, and 10th of 14 counties in Clerk Offices per square mile.

List of Washington County Clerk Offices

Find Washington County, Vermont clerk offices, including county, city, and circuit clerks, and clerks of court.

Berlin Town Clerk 108 Shed Road Berlin, VT

Cabot Town Clerk 3084 Main Street Cabot, VT

Calais Town Clerk 668 West County Road Calais, VT

East Montpelier Town Clerk 40 Kelton Road East Montpelier, VT

Fayston Town Clerk 866 North Fayston Road Moretown, VT

Orange Town Clerk 392 U.s. 302 Barre, VT

Plainfield Town Clerk 149 Main Street Plainfield, VT

Washington County Clerk 255 North Main Street Barre, VT

Woodbury Town Clerk 1672 Vermont 14 Woodbury, VT

Worcester Town Clerk 20 Worcester Village Road Worcester, VT

About the Washington County Clerk Office

Clerks Offices in Washington County, VT are responsible for maintaining public records for the county. The Clerk's office provides public access to records in accordance with local government regulations and laws. The Washington County Office also provides support for the local elections process. The duties and responsibilities of the Clerk is regulated through Vermont state, Washington County, and local government statutes, ordinances, charters and regulations.

Residents may contact the Office of the Clerk for questions about:
  • Washington County public records
  • Property records, mortgage records and title deeds
  • Washington County, Vermont vital records, birth records, death records and certificates
  • Marriage and divorce records, licenses and applications
  • Business & professional licenses, permits, and registrations
  • Election records, voter registration and poll locations

Washington County Household Demographic Statistics

Find Washington County Households, Marital Status, and Veteran Status. Data Source: U.S. Census Bureau; American Community Survey, 2018 ACS 5-Year Estimates.

Washington County Households
 Washington CountyVermont
Married Couples11,629 (46.8%)124,868 (48.1%)
Nonfamily Households9,698 (39.0%)101,183 (39.0%)
Washington County Marital Status
 Washington CountyVermont
Married Couples11,629 (46.8%)124,868 (48.1%)
Unmarried Couples2,006 (3.6%)21,223 (3.5%)
Never Married Men8,039 (33.3%)88,869 (34.4%)
Separated Men154 (0.6%)2,685 (1.0%)
Widowed Men612 (2.5%)7,060 (2.7%)
Divorced Men3,254 (13.5%)28,779 (11.1%)
Never Married Women6,747 (26.8%)75,778 (28.0%)
Separated Women336 (1.3%)2,961 (1.1%)
Widowed Women2,133 (8.5%)23,406 (8.7%)
Divorced Women3,866 (15.4%)37,254 (13.8%)
Washington County Veteran Status
 Washington CountyVermont
Veterans3,733 (7.9%)38,625 (7.6%)