Clerk Offices in Addison County, Vermont

There are 10 Clerk Offices in Addison County, Vermont, serving a population of 36,825 people in an area of 767 square miles. There is 1 Clerk Office per 3,682 people, and 1 Clerk Office per 76 square miles.

In Vermont, Addison County is ranked 8th of 14 counties in Clerk Offices per capita, and 11th of 14 counties in Clerk Offices per square mile.

List of Addison County Clerk Offices

Find Addison County, Vermont clerk offices, including county, city, and circuit clerks, and clerks of court.

Addison County Clerk 65 Route 17 Vergennes, VT

Ferrisburgh Town Clerk 3279 Route 7 Ferrisburgh, VT

Granville Town Clerk 4157 Vermont 100 Granville, VT

Lincoln Town Clerk 62 Quaker Street Lincoln, VT

Monkton Town Clerk 280 Monkton Road Monkton, VT

Ripton Town Clerk 1311 Vermont 125 Ripton, VT

Salisbury Town Clerk 25 Schoolhouse Road Salisbury, VT

Shoreham Town Clerk 297 Main Street Shoreham, VT

Starksboro Town Clerk 3056 Route 116 Starksboro, VT

Whiting Town Clerk 29 South Main Street Whiting, VT

About the Addison County Clerk Office

Clerks Offices in Addison County, VT are responsible for maintaining public records for the county. The Clerk's office provides public access to records in accordance with local government regulations and laws. The Addison County Office also provides support for the local elections process. The duties and responsibilities of the Clerk is regulated through Vermont state, Addison County, and local government statutes, ordinances, charters and regulations.

Residents may contact the Office of the Clerk for questions about:
  • Addison County public records
  • Property records, mortgage records and title deeds
  • Addison County, Vermont vital records, birth records, death records and certificates
  • Marriage and divorce records, licenses and applications
  • Business & professional licenses, permits, and registrations
  • Election records, voter registration and poll locations

Addison County Household Demographic Statistics

Find Addison County Households, Marital Status, and Veteran Status. Data Source: U.S. Census Bureau; American Community Survey, 2018 ACS 5-Year Estimates.

Addison County Households
 Addison CountyVermont
Married Couples7,504 (50.9%)124,868 (48.1%)
Nonfamily Households5,467 (37.1%)101,183 (39.0%)
Addison County Marital Status
 Addison CountyVermont
Married Couples7,504 (50.9%)124,868 (48.1%)
Unmarried Couples1,257 (3.7%)21,223 (3.5%)
Never Married Men5,443 (35.1%)88,869 (34.4%)
Separated Men146 (0.9%)2,685 (1.0%)
Widowed Men406 (2.6%)7,060 (2.7%)
Divorced Men1,673 (10.8%)28,779 (11.1%)
Never Married Women4,840 (29.8%)75,778 (28.0%)
Separated Women81 (0.5%)2,961 (1.1%)
Widowed Women1,341 (8.3%)23,406 (8.7%)
Divorced Women2,132 (13.1%)37,254 (13.8%)
Addison County Veteran Status
 Addison CountyVermont
Veterans2,128 (7.0%)38,625 (7.6%)