08037 Victim Assistance Center

Find 08037 victim assistance centers. Victim assistance centers provide information about crime and criminal victimization, domestic violence, NOVA, victims compensation funds and impact statements.

South Philadelphia Victims Assistance 1426 South 12th Street Philadelphia PA 19147 29.5 miles from 08037 215-551-3360

Philadelphia Pennsylvania Victims Assistance 1201 Chestnut Street Philadelphia PA 19107 30.2 miles from 08037 215-557-0756

Pennsylvania Philadelphia Victims Assistance 1216 Arch Street Philadelphia PA 19107 30.4 miles from 08037 215-665-9680

North Central Philadelphia PA Victims Assistance 1722 Cecil B. Moore Avenue Philadelphia PA 19121 31.8 miles from 08037 215-763-3280

Northeast Victims Assistance 2824 Cottman Avenue Philadelphia PA 19149 31.9 miles from 08037 215-332-3888

West Southwest Victims Assistance 5429 Chestnut Street Philadelphia PA 19139 33.4 miles from 08037 215-748-7780

Northwest Victims Assistance 6301 Germantown Avenue Philadelphia PA 19144 35.7 miles from 08037 215-438-4410

Cape May County Victims Assistance 11 North Main Street Cape May Court House NJ 08210 38.6 miles from 08037 609-465-1163

Wilmington Delaware Victims Assistance 900 North King Street Wilmington DE 19801 42.5 miles from 08037 302-255-1770

Norristown Montgomery County Victims Assistance 325 Swede Street Norristown PA 19401 45.2 miles from 08037 610-277-0932

Montgomery County Pennsylvania Victims Assistance 18 West Airy Street Norristown PA 19401 45.2 miles from 08037 610-277-5200

Jamison Pennsylvania Victims Assistance 2370 York Road Jamison PA 18929 46.1 miles from 08037 215-343-6543

Chester County Victims Assistance 17 North Church Street West Chester PA 19380 50.1 miles from 08037 610-344-6485

Chester County Crime Victims Assistance 135 Market Street West Chester PA 19382 50.1 miles from 08037 610-692-1926

Chester County Pennsylvania Victims Assistance 236 Market Street West Chester PA 19382 50.1 miles from 08037 610-692-7420

About Victim Assistance Centers

Can victims of any crime receive victim compensation assistance or restitution?

Eligibility for victim compensation or restitution varies by state. Generally, anyone who has suffered a crime-related injury or mental trauma may be eligible to request compensation or restitution. In cases of crime-related death, the victim's family may be able to request compensation. In some states, a victim suffering economic losses or damages may also be able to request restitution.

What is the source of funding for victim compensation funds?

Funding for victim compensation funds comes from penalties and fines paid by convicted offenders. Inmates who are earning wages while incarcerated may be required to pay into a victim compensation fund. Private donations may also be made to victim compensation funds.

How are victims protected after an offender is released from prison?

Depending on the type of case, special conditions may be placed on the offender's release from prison. These conditions may involve no-contact provisions or prohibitions against coming within a certain distance of a victim's home. Victims may also receive end of sentence notifications and community release notifications.