Veterans Disabled American in Mobile Alabama

Address and phone number for Veterans Disabled American, a Veterans Affairs Department, at Azalea Road, Mobile AL.

Veterans Disabled American
1301 Azalea Road, Mobile, Alabama, 36693

About the Veterans Disabled American

The Veterans Disabled American, located in Mobile, AL, provides support for veterans of the US Armed Forces. Veteran Services connects veterans with several government agencies and nonprofit organizations at the federal, Alabama state, and Mobile level. These services include veteran benefits assistance, services for veterans with disabilities, and information about medical care, insurance, and education benefits. The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) also provides veteran services in Mobile.

You may contact Veterans Services for questions about:
  • Applying for military and veterans' benefits
  • Veterans Affairs Offices and Vet Centers
  • Mobile County VA Hospitals and health benefits
  • VA Burial services
  • Mobile County VFW and AMVETS posts
Applying for Veterans' Benefits

Veterans in Mobile can contact Veterans Disabled American for information about applying for veterans' benefits, including healthcare benefits, educational benefits, or health insurance. The office can answer questions about eligibility for benefits, including which benefits apply to the spouses and children of veterans. Veterans Services also helps veterans connect with other offices and organizations that provide veterans' benefits.

Mobile VA Benefits

The VA in Mobile offers benefits such as medical care, burial services, and disability compensation. The Veterans Benefits Administration (VBA) provides additional benefits, such as the Montgomery GI Bill, vocational benefits, life insurance, and pension services. The VBA also manages the disability compensation program for Mobile veterans with service-related disabilities. Veterans can contact the Veterans Disabled American for information about additional benefits, including the Mobile County home loan program, veteran housing programs in Mobile, and life insurance for veterans and their dependents.

VA Vet Centers

In Mobile County, the VA operates Vet Centers that offer services to veterans. These include employment assistance, VA benefit support, and counseling services. In addition to veterans, current service members, military spouses, and children qualify for Vet Center services, such as readjustment counseling, military sexual trauma counseling, and bereavement counseling. Veterans in Mobile can contact a VA Vet Center to learn more about these services.

Alabama Veterans Health Administration Services

The Veterans Health Administration (VHA) offers multiple programs in Alabama, including medical services and healthcare. In Mobile County, the VA runs medical centers, outpatient clinics, and nursing home services. The VHA also offers assistance programs for homeless vets and veterans with disabilities. In addition, the VA manages the National Cemetery Administration, which provides burial services and assistance for veterans and their family members, including at national cemeteries.

Mobile VFW & AMVET Posts

Veterans can also contact Veterans Disabled American to connect with private organizations that offer Veteran Services in Mobile. For example, the Mobile Veterans of Foreign Wars Posts (VFW) helps veterans access VA services, provides grants to support veterans, and promotes policies to help veterans. The Mobile County AMVETS Posts, or American Veterans, also offers services for veterans of the US Armed Forces.

Contact the Veterans Disabled American

You may contact the Veterans Disabled American by calling 251-478-5080, or by addressing inquiries to the office mailing address: Veterans Disabled American, 1301 Azalea Road, Mobile, Alabama, 36693.

Map of Veterans Disabled American in Mobile Alabama

Veterans Affairs Departments Nearby