University Place Town & City Hall

Find University Place Washington town & city halls. Town and city halls provide information on government agencies, boards, commissions, committees, departments, and elected officials.

University Place City Hall 3715 Bridgeport Way West University Place WA 98466 253-566-5656

About University Place Town & City Halls

An University Place Town or City Hall is a building that serves as the focal point of government activity for a town or city in University Place, WA. It is the location where the proceedings of the University Place legislative body take place and usually houses the central offices for the executive and administrative functions of the government. Depending on the size of the building, some municipal functions, and a number of citizen services may operate out of a Town or City Hall in University Place.

You may contact Town & City Halls for questions about:
  • University Place Public records
  • Marriage licenses and certificates
  • Town and City government offices
  • Local University Place politics
  • Voter poll locations and election procedures
University Place Public Records

Town and City Halls in University Place can provide free public records upon request. These records include University Place marriage licenses and certificate copies, as well as a variety of other historical and vital records. University Place birth and death records, marriage and divorce records can be obtained from Town and City Halls. Other public records that may be obtained in University Place include local elections and voter records, Pierce County Court records, University Place property tax assessments and real estate records.

University Place Town and City Councils

University Place City Halls and Town Halls have a chamber where public meetings of the Town Council, City Council, or other elected legislative body take place. The chambers are set up to allow for discussion among Council members and executive and administrative officers, as well as members of the University Place public interested in addressing the Council. Audience seating is available for members of the public and the media to observe public meetings in University Place, Washington. City or Town Halls are also equipped with telecommunications equipment to allow for taping and televising of public meetings. Other elected and appointed boards and commissions, such as the University Place Planning and Zoning Commissions, may also use the chambers for their meetings, particularly if members of the public or media attend the meetings.

Government Offices in University Place, WA

The office of the chief executive or administrative official, such as the University Place City or Town Manager, is located in Town or City Hall. Depending on the size of the building and how the departments are organized, other administrative functions may also be located in Town or City Hall, such as the University Place Finance Department or Human Resources. Many of the operating departments that have direct interaction with citizens are located in Town or City Hall, including the University Place Clerk's Office, University Place Tax Collector, and University Place Building Inspector. Departments that have extensive or specialized space requirements, such as University Place Police Department, Fire Department, Public Library, and Public Works, tend to be located in separate stand-alone facilities.