Town & City Halls in Turner, Oregon

Find Turner, Oregon town & city halls. Town and city halls provide information on government agencies, boards, commissions, committees, departments, and elected officials.

Turner City Hall 7250 3rd Street Southeast Turner, OR

About Turner Town & City Halls

A Turner Town or City Hall is a building that serves as the focal point of government activity for a town or city in Turner, OR. It is the location where the proceedings of the Turner legislative body take place and usually houses the central offices for the executive and administrative functions of the government. Depending on the size of the building, some municipal functions, and a number of citizen services may operate out of a Town or City Hall in Turner.

You may contact Town & City Halls for questions about:
  • Turner Public records
  • Marriage licenses and certificates
  • Town and City government offices
  • Local Turner politics
  • Voter poll locations and election procedures
Turner Public Records

Town and City Halls in Turner can provide free public records upon request. These records include Turner marriage licenses and certificate copies, as well as a variety of other historical and vital records. Turner birth and death records, marriage and divorce records can be obtained from Town and City Halls. Other public records that may be obtained in Turner include local elections and voter records, Marion County Court records, Turner property tax assessments and real estate records.

Turner Town and City Councils

Turner City Halls and Town Halls have a chamber where public meetings of the Town Council, City Council, or other elected legislative body take place. The chambers are set up to allow for discussion among Council members and executive and administrative officers, as well as members of the Turner public interested in addressing the Council. Audience seating is available for members of the public and the media to observe public meetings in Turner, Oregon. City or Town Halls are also equipped with telecommunications equipment to allow for taping and televising of public meetings. Other elected and appointed boards and commissions, such as the Turner Planning and Zoning Commissions, may also use the chambers for their meetings, particularly if members of the public or media attend the meetings.

Government Offices in Turner, OR

The office of the chief executive or administrative official, such as the Turner City or Town Manager, is located in Town or City Hall. Depending on the size of the building and how the departments are organized, other administrative functions may also be located in Town or City Hall, such as the Turner Finance Department or Human Resources. Many of the operating departments that have direct interaction with citizens are located in Town or City Hall, including the Turner Clerk's Office, Turner Tax Collector, and Turner Building Inspector. Departments that have extensive or specialized space requirements, such as Turner Police Department, Fire Department, Public Library, and Public Works, tend to be located in separate stand-alone facilities.