Carter County Pharmacy

Find Carter County Tennessee pharmacies and drug stores. Pharmacies provide information on prescription drugs and medicines, name brand, generic and discount drugs, over the counter (OTC) medications.

Burgie Drug Store Pharmacy 1000 West G Street Elizabethton TN 37643 423-542-4622

CVS Pharmacy 1100 West Elk Avenue Elizabethton TN 37643 423-543-7501

CVS Pharmacy 1161 U.S. Route 19E Elizabethton TN 37643 423-547-1991

Food City Pharmacy 920 Broad Street Elizabethton TN 37643 423-542-4925

Hampton Pharmacy 339 U.S. 321 Scenic Elizabethton TN 37643 423-725-2327

Lingerfelt Pharmacy 609 East Elk Avenue Elizabethton TN 37643 423-542-2138

Rite Aid Pharmacy 507 West Elk Avenue Elizabethton TN 37643 423-543-3052

Roan Mountain Health Mart Pharmacy 8251 U.S. Route 19E Roan Mountain TN 37687 423-772-3591

Union Prescription Shop Pharmacy 402 Bemberg Road Elizabethton TN 37643 423-543-3508

Walgreens Pharmacy 214 Broad Street Elizabethton TN 37643 423-547-2733

Walmart Supercenter Pharmacy 1001 Over Mountain Drive Elizabethton TN 37643 423-543-8202

Pharmacies Near Me

About Pharmacies

Who owns Community Pharmacies?

Community Pharmacies are typically owned by for-profit companies. More than half are owned by major chains with a national or regional presence. Most of the independently-owned Pharmacies are located outside of the major metropolitan centers.

What are the qualifications of a Pharmacist?

Pharmacists are required to have a Doctor of Pharmacy degree from an accredited pharmacy program. They must also pass two exams: The North American Pharmacist Licensure Exam and the Multistate Pharmacy Jurisprudence Exam. A one to two year residency is also required. All U.S. states license Pharmacists and most require the completion of a certain number of hours of internship.

Who should be notified of concerns or complaints about a Pharmacy?

Customers who believe they have been given the wrong medication by their pharmacist should notify their physician and pharmacist immediately. Concerns about erroneous prescriptions or medication should also be reported to the state Board of Pharmacy. Complaints about pricing should be addressed with the patient's prescribing practitioner and the Pharmacy. Complaints about insurance coverage and co-pays should be directed to the state's insurance regulatory agency.