Stanton Public Works

Find Stanton Alabama departments of public works or DPW. Public works departments provide information on public projects, maintenance of parks, buildings, roads, highways, bridges, tunnels, traffic signals, snow removal, public utilities, water treatment and sewage.

Selma Public Works 4555 Water Avenue Selma AL 36703 22.3 miles from Stanton 334-874-2170

Columbiana Public Works 107 Mildred Street Columbiana AL 35051 34.9 miles from Stanton 205-669-5800

Hoover Public Works Ste 103, 2020 Valleydale Rd Hoover AL 35244 42.6 miles from Stanton 205-444-7796

Sylacauga Public Works 1130 Wynette Road Sylacauga AL 35151 45.1 miles from Stanton 256-249-6254

Vestavia Hills Public Works 1280 Montgomery Highway Vestavia Hills AL 35216 48.5 miles from Stanton 205-978-0150

Homewood Public Works 187 Citation Court Homewood AL 35209 49.3 miles from Stanton 205-332-6816

Tuscaloosa County Public Works 2810 35th St Tuscaloosa AL 35401 49.6 miles from Stanton 205-345-6600

Mountain Brook Public Works 3579 East Street Mountain Brook AL 35243 51.3 miles from Stanton 205-874-0622

Public Works Near Me

Public Works by City

About Public Works

Does Public Works charge for services?

Some Public Works operations, such as maintenance of roads, parks and public facilities are typically funded through general taxation. Other services such as trash collection, water service and sewer service may be funded by user fees. Fees for trash collection may be a flat monthly service fee, or may be based on volume of trash collected.

Who is responsible for maintaining sidewalks?

The specifics vary from one jurisdiction to the next. Typically, the Public Works Department installs new sidewalks and replaces old sidewalks in accordance with a replacement schedule. Most state statutes and local ordinances place responsibility for maintenance of sidewalks with the property owner. In addition to repairs for sidewalks, property owners are almost always responsible for clearing sidewalks of snow and obstructions.

Can I get a stop sign installed on my street?

In most jurisdictions, a request for a stop sign may be made through the Public Works Department's engineering or roads maintenance division. The location is usually investigated and studied to determine if a stop sign is warranted and meets any applicable state guidelines for traffic control devices.