24733 Social Services

Find 24733 departments of social services, DSS, DPSS, and human services. Departments of social services provide information on food stamps, public assistance, welfare, housing, healthcare, emergency assistance, and child services.

West Virginia State Social Service Department 840 Virginia Avenue Welch WV 24801 20.1 miles from 24733 304-425-0537

Giles County Social Service Department 211 Main Street Narrows VA 24124 23.2 miles from 24733 540-726-8315

Giles County Social Service Department 6012 Virginia Avenue Pembroke VA 24136 32.9 miles from 24733 540-626-7291

Wythe County Social Service Department 275 South 4th Street Wytheville VA 24382 35.4 miles from 24733 276-228-5493

Pulaski County Social Service Department 53 Commerce Street Pulaski VA 24301 36.4 miles from 24733 540-980-7995

Radford Social Service Department 928 W Main St Radford VA 24141 40.8 miles from 24733 540-731-3663

Buchanan Social Service Department 3174 Slate Creek Road Grundy VA 24614 47.5 miles from 24733 276-935-8106

Montgomery County Social Service Department 210 Pepper Street Southeast Christiansburg VA 24073 49.3 miles from 24733 540-382-6990

Carroll County Social Service Department 605 Pine Street Hillsville VA 24343 53.8 miles from 24733 276-236-7181

Social Services Near Me

About Social Services

Who is eligible for Social Services?

Eligibility varies depending on the type of program and the state, county, or local agency. Many programs are based on income and available only to households below a certain income threshold. Other programs may be targeted for specific groups, such as children, the elderly, or people with disabilities.

How do Social Services Departments verify eligibility for programs?

Participation in income-based programs typically requires applicants to provide pay stubs to verify income. Bank statements, tax returns, Social Security benefit letters, and similar documents may also be required. Verification of eligibility for other programs depends on the nature of the service, and the required documentation may include letters from health providers, heating or utility bills, rent or mortgage payments.

What are the requirements for working at a Social Services Department?

Social Workers are among the most common positions in Social Services Departments. Most Social Workers have a Bachelors of Social Work (BSW) degree, though many positions require a Masters of Social Work (MSW). Some form of licensing or certification is required in almost every state. In some cases, several years of supervised work may be part of the licensing process.