24634 Social Services

Find 24634 departments of social services, DSS, DPSS, and human services. Departments of social services provide information on food stamps, public assistance, welfare, housing, healthcare, emergency assistance, and child services.

Buchanan Social Service Department 3174 Slate Creek Road Grundy VA 24614 8.3 miles from 24634 276-935-8106

West Virginia State Social Service Department 840 Virginia Avenue Welch WV 24801 21.5 miles from 24634 304-425-0537

Pikeville Social Service Department 131 Summit Drive Pikeville KY 41501 36.6 miles from 24634 606-433-7596

Washington County Social Service Department 190 Patton Street Northwest Abingdon VA 24210 39.0 miles from 24634 276-676-5490

Wise County Social Service Department 5612 North Bear Creek Road Wise VA 24293 41.2 miles from 24634 276-328-8056

Bristol Social Service Department 621 Washington St Bristol VA 24201 48.5 miles from 24634 276-645-7450

Wythe County Social Service Department 275 South 4th Street Wytheville VA 24382 50.3 miles from 24634 276-228-5493

Bristol Social Service Department 2305 Volunteer Parkway Bristol TN 37620 53.7 miles from 24634 423-279-9164

Inez Social Service Department 100 Main Street Inez KY 41224 54.0 miles from 24634 606-298-3577

Social Services Near Me

About Social Services

Who is eligible for Social Services?

Eligibility varies depending on the type of program and the state, county, or local agency. Many programs are based on income and available only to households below a certain income threshold. Other programs may be targeted for specific groups, such as children, the elderly, or people with disabilities.

How do Social Services Departments verify eligibility for programs?

Participation in income-based programs typically requires applicants to provide pay stubs to verify income. Bank statements, tax returns, Social Security benefit letters, and similar documents may also be required. Verification of eligibility for other programs depends on the nature of the service, and the required documentation may include letters from health providers, heating or utility bills, rent or mortgage payments.

What are the requirements for working at a Social Services Department?

Social Workers are among the most common positions in Social Services Departments. Most Social Workers have a Bachelors of Social Work (BSW) degree, though many positions require a Masters of Social Work (MSW). Some form of licensing or certification is required in almost every state. In some cases, several years of supervised work may be part of the licensing process.