18825 Social Services

Find 18825 departments of social services, DSS, DPSS, and human services. Departments of social services provide information on food stamps, public assistance, welfare, housing, healthcare, emergency assistance, and child services.

Broome County Social Service Department 3642 Main Street Binghamton NY 13905 25.7 miles from 18825 607-778-8850

Broome County Social Service Department 36 Washington Avenue Endicott NY 13760 30.5 miles from 18825 607-754-1706

Sullivan County Social Service Department 16 Community Lane Liberty NY 12754 46.1 miles from 18825 845-292-0100

Delaware County Social Service Department 111 Main Street Delhi NY 13753 48.1 miles from 18825 607-832-5300

Chenango County Social Service Department 5 Court Street Norwich NY 13815 50.2 miles from 18825 607-337-1500

Social Services Near Me

About Social Services

Who is eligible for Social Services?

Eligibility varies depending on the type of program and the state, county, or local agency. Many programs are based on income and available only to households below a certain income threshold. Other programs may be targeted for specific groups, such as children, the elderly, or people with disabilities.

How do Social Services Departments verify eligibility for programs?

Participation in income-based programs typically requires applicants to provide pay stubs to verify income. Bank statements, tax returns, Social Security benefit letters, and similar documents may also be required. Verification of eligibility for other programs depends on the nature of the service, and the required documentation may include letters from health providers, heating or utility bills, rent or mortgage payments.

What are the requirements for working at a Social Services Department?

Social Workers are among the most common positions in Social Services Departments. Most Social Workers have a Bachelors of Social Work (BSW) degree, though many positions require a Masters of Social Work (MSW). Some form of licensing or certification is required in almost every state. In some cases, several years of supervised work may be part of the licensing process.