18355 Social Services

Find 18355 departments of social services, DSS, DPSS, and human services. Departments of social services provide information on food stamps, public assistance, welfare, housing, healthcare, emergency assistance, and child services.

Northampton County Social Service Department 87 Bangor Junction Road Bangor PA 18013 15.7 miles from 18355 610-588-7200

Warren County Social Service Department 202 Mansfield Street Belvidere NJ 07823 22.8 miles from 18355 908-475-6332

Northampton County Social Service Department 45 North 2nd Street Easton PA 18042 27.8 miles from 18355 610-559-3270

Orange County Social Service Department 150 Pike Street Port Jervis NY 12771 40.6 miles from 18355 845-858-1420

Somerset County Social Service Department 73 East High Street Somerville NJ 08876 52.8 miles from 18355 908-526-8800

Orange County Social Service Department 11 Quarry Road Goshen NY 10924 55.4 miles from 18355 845-291-2447

About Social Services

Who is eligible for Social Services?

Eligibility varies depending on the type of program and the state, county, or local agency. Many programs are based on income and available only to households below a certain income threshold. Other programs may be targeted for specific groups, such as children, the elderly, or people with disabilities.

How do Social Services Departments verify eligibility for programs?

Participation in income-based programs typically requires applicants to provide pay stubs to verify income. Bank statements, tax returns, Social Security benefit letters, and similar documents may also be required. Verification of eligibility for other programs depends on the nature of the service, and the required documentation may include letters from health providers, heating or utility bills, rent or mortgage payments.

What are the requirements for working at a Social Services Department?

Social Workers are among the most common positions in Social Services Departments. Most Social Workers have a Bachelors of Social Work (BSW) degree, though many positions require a Masters of Social Work (MSW). Some form of licensing or certification is required in almost every state. In some cases, several years of supervised work may be part of the licensing process.