15368 Social Services

Find 15368 departments of social services, DSS, DPSS, and human services. Departments of social services provide information on food stamps, public assistance, welfare, housing, healthcare, emergency assistance, and child services.

Washington County Social Service Department 36 Old Hickory Ridge Rd Washington PA 15301 19.6 miles from 15368 724-223-7184

Monongolia County Social Service Department 453 Van Voorhis Road Morgantown WV 26505 25.0 miles from 15368 304-598-5105

Allegheny County Social Service Department 1 Smithfield Street Pittsburgh PA 15222 29.2 miles from 15368 412-350-5701

Fairmont Social Service Department 109 Adams Street Fairmont WV 26554 37.5 miles from 15368 304-363-3261

Weirton City Social Service Department 927 Edna Street Weirton WV 26062 40.8 miles from 15368 304-797-8570

Jefferson County Social Service Department 125 South 5th Street Steubenville OH 43952 40.8 miles from 15368 740-282-0961

Beaver County Social Service Department 246 Friendship Circle Beaver PA 15009 51.1 miles from 15368 724-773-5241

Garrett County Social Service Department 12578 Garrett Highway Oakland MD 21550 51.6 miles from 15368 301-533-3000

Clarksburg Social Service Department 320 West Pike Street Clarksburg WV 26301 54.0 miles from 15368 800-772-1213

About Social Services

Who is eligible for Social Services?

Eligibility varies depending on the type of program and the state, county, or local agency. Many programs are based on income and available only to households below a certain income threshold. Other programs may be targeted for specific groups, such as children, the elderly, or people with disabilities.

How do Social Services Departments verify eligibility for programs?

Participation in income-based programs typically requires applicants to provide pay stubs to verify income. Bank statements, tax returns, Social Security benefit letters, and similar documents may also be required. Verification of eligibility for other programs depends on the nature of the service, and the required documentation may include letters from health providers, heating or utility bills, rent or mortgage payments.

What are the requirements for working at a Social Services Department?

Social Workers are among the most common positions in Social Services Departments. Most Social Workers have a Bachelors of Social Work (BSW) degree, though many positions require a Masters of Social Work (MSW). Some form of licensing or certification is required in almost every state. In some cases, several years of supervised work may be part of the licensing process.