13812 Social Services

Find 13812 departments of social services, DSS, DPSS, and human services. Departments of social services provide information on food stamps, public assistance, welfare, housing, healthcare, emergency assistance, and child services.

Broome County Social Service Department 36 Washington Avenue Endicott NY 13760 16.5 miles from 13812 607-754-1706

Broome County Social Service Department 3642 Main Street Binghamton NY 13905 22.9 miles from 13812 607-778-8850

Tompkins County Social Service Department 320 West State Street Ithaca NY 14850 29.3 miles from 13812 607-274-5348

Watkins Glen Social Service Department 910 South Decatur Street Watkins Glen NY 14891 35.1 miles from 13812 607-535-6878

Steuben County Social Service Department 3 Pulteney Square East Bath NY 14810 53.5 miles from 13812 607-664-2000

Chenango County Social Service Department 5 Court Street Norwich NY 13815 54.7 miles from 13812 607-337-1500

Social Services Near Me

About Social Services

Who is eligible for Social Services?

Eligibility varies depending on the type of program and the state, county, or local agency. Many programs are based on income and available only to households below a certain income threshold. Other programs may be targeted for specific groups, such as children, the elderly, or people with disabilities.

How do Social Services Departments verify eligibility for programs?

Participation in income-based programs typically requires applicants to provide pay stubs to verify income. Bank statements, tax returns, Social Security benefit letters, and similar documents may also be required. Verification of eligibility for other programs depends on the nature of the service, and the required documentation may include letters from health providers, heating or utility bills, rent or mortgage payments.

What are the requirements for working at a Social Services Department?

Social Workers are among the most common positions in Social Services Departments. Most Social Workers have a Bachelors of Social Work (BSW) degree, though many positions require a Masters of Social Work (MSW). Some form of licensing or certification is required in almost every state. In some cases, several years of supervised work may be part of the licensing process.