12950 Social Services

Find 12950 departments of social services, DSS, DPSS, and human services. Departments of social services provide information on food stamps, public assistance, welfare, housing, healthcare, emergency assistance, and child services.

Essex County Social Service Department 7551 Court Street Elizabethtown NY 12932 7.2 miles from 12950 518-873-3500

Clinton County Social Service Department 13 Durkee Street Plattsburgh NY 12901 26.8 miles from 12950 518-565-3300

Franklin County Social Service Department 38 Boyer Avenue Tupper Lake NY 12986 43.8 miles from 12950 518-359-9317

Franklin County Social Service Department 355 West Main Street Malone NY 12953 50.8 miles from 12950 518-483-6770

Barre Social Service Department 255 North Main Street Barre VT 05641 53.9 miles from 12950 802-479-4260

Social Services Near Me

About Social Services

Who is eligible for Social Services?

Eligibility varies depending on the type of program and the state, county, or local agency. Many programs are based on income and available only to households below a certain income threshold. Other programs may be targeted for specific groups, such as children, the elderly, or people with disabilities.

How do Social Services Departments verify eligibility for programs?

Participation in income-based programs typically requires applicants to provide pay stubs to verify income. Bank statements, tax returns, Social Security benefit letters, and similar documents may also be required. Verification of eligibility for other programs depends on the nature of the service, and the required documentation may include letters from health providers, heating or utility bills, rent or mortgage payments.

What are the requirements for working at a Social Services Department?

Social Workers are among the most common positions in Social Services Departments. Most Social Workers have a Bachelors of Social Work (BSW) degree, though many positions require a Masters of Social Work (MSW). Some form of licensing or certification is required in almost every state. In some cases, several years of supervised work may be part of the licensing process.