Skagit County Clerk

Popularity:#6 of 94 Clerk Offices in Washington#2,094 in Clerk Offices

Skagit County Clerk Details

Address and Phone Number for Skagit County Clerk, a Clerk Office, at West Kincaid Street, Mount Vernon WA.

Skagit County Clerk
205 West Kincaid Street
Mount Vernon, Washington, 98273

Map of Skagit County Clerk

View map of Skagit County Clerk, and get driving directions from your location.

Related Public Records Searches

Find Birth Records, Divorce Records, Marriage Records, and Voter Records related to Skagit County Clerk.

Clerk Offices Nearby

Find 6 Clerk Offices within 31 miles of Skagit County Clerk.

External Links

Find 14 external resources related to Skagit County Clerk.

About the Skagit County Clerk

The Skagit County Clerk, located in Mount Vernon, Washington, is the official keeper of public records for Skagit County. The Clerk's office ensures that public records are retained, archived, and made accessible to the public in accordance with all laws and regulations. Clerks also support the elections process and provide a variety of transactional services. The Clerk's duties are established and regulated through a combination of Washington state statutes, local ordinances and charters, and other regulations.

You may contact the Skagit County Clerk's office for questions about:
  • Skagit County public records
  • Skagit County vital records: birth certificates, marriage and death certificates
  • Land, property, mortgage, and title deed records
  • Marriage licenses, applications, and records
  • Divorce records and applications
  • Skagit County licenses, permits, and business registrations
  • Voter registration, elections, and polls
Skagit County Public Records

The Skagit County Clerk maintains a range of public records. The Clerk's Office keeps Skagit County vital records, such as birth, marriage, and death certificates. The Clerk also keeps documents involving land or land transactions, including deeds, mortgages, attachments, tax liens, judgments, maps, floor plans, probate certificates, variances, and all other legal documents pertaining to land use and transfers.

The Clerk's office handles and stores a large volume of documents, dating back to the founding of Skagit County. Copies of local public records may be available for request as many archival documents have been digitized.

Marriage Licenses & Applications

The Skagit County Clerk provides information on Skagit County marriage licenses and applications including the application process, forms and requirements. The Office of the Clerk maintains marriage certificates and records for all couples legally married in Skagit County, WA and may provide certified copies for a nominal fee.

Skagit County Permits & Licenses

In addition to keeping Skagit County public records, the Clerk issues a variety of licenses and permits to the public including dog licenses, hunting and fishing licenses, liquor licenses, parking permits, and permits for special events, as well as providing notary public services. The Clerk's office also registers business names for businesses operating in Skagit County.

Voter Registration & Elections

The Skagit County Clerk supports the elections process by providing assistance to candidates filing elections paperwork and voters submitting petitions, and by working with the Board of Elections. Clerks administer the oath of office to elected officials. The Clerk's Office may also help register voters.

Public Meeting Minutes

The Clerk is responsible for posting public meetings records, such as meeting notices, agendas, and minutes, in accordance with local governing laws and regulations in that state of Washington and the county seat of Skagit County and how long these records must be made public.

Contact the Skagit County Clerk

You may contact the Clerk's Office by calling 360-336-9440, or by addressing inquiries to the office mailing address: Skagit County Clerk, 205 West Kincaid Street, Mount Vernon, Washington, 98273