04250 Sheriff Department

Find 04250 sheriff offices, departments, headquarters, jails, and detention centers. Sheriffs provide information on records, arrests, inmates, warrants, and mugshots.

Androscoggin County Sheriff's Office 2 Turner Street Auburn ME 04210 7.8 miles from 04250 207-784-7361

Sagadahoc County Sheriff's Office 752 High Street Bath ME 04530 16.7 miles from 04250 207-443-8201

Lincoln County Sheriff's Office 42 Bath Road Wiscasset ME 04578 22.6 miles from 04250 207-882-7332

Oxford County Sheriff's Office 26 Western Avenue Paris ME 04281 24.3 miles from 04250 207-743-9554

Cumberland County Sheriff's Office 36 County Way Portland ME 04102 25.9 miles from 04250 207-774-1444

Kennebec County Sheriff's Office 125 State Street Augusta ME 04330 27.2 miles from 04250 207-623-3614

Franklin County Sheriff's Office 123 County Way Farmington ME 04938 45.5 miles from 04250 207-778-2680

York County Sheriff's Office 1 Layman Way Alfred ME 04002 48.5 miles from 04250 207-324-1113

Knox County Sheriff's Office 327 Park Street Rockland ME 04841 49.8 miles from 04250 207-594-0429

Carroll County Sheriff's Office 95 Water Village Road Ossipee NH 03864 55.1 miles from 04250 603-539-2284

Sheriff Departments Near Me

About Sheriff Departments

Do Sheriff's Departments issue restraining orders?

No. Restraining orders must be obtained through attorneys and the courts. After a restraining order is issued, a Sheriff's Department will typically serve, maintain, and enforce the order.

What is the difference between a Sheriff and a Marshal?

A Sheriff is usually an elected official responsible for the Sheriff's Department and all of the duties associated with the office. Marshals tend to have a more limited scope of responsibilities, such as providing court security or issuing subpoenas and warrants. A U.S. Marshal is a federal officer responsible for the security of federal courts and numerous other duties including the witness protection program.

Does the Sheriff's Department issue photo identification to citizens?

Some, but not all, Sheriff's Departments offer this service. In many states, the Department of Motor Vehicles issues photo identification cards for non-drivers.