04064 Sheriff Department

Find 04064 sheriff offices, departments, headquarters, jails, and detention centers. Sheriffs provide information on records, arrests, inmates, warrants, and mugshots.

Cumberland County Sheriff's Office 36 County Way Portland ME 04102 10.3 miles from 04064 207-774-1444

York County Sheriff's Office 1 Layman Way Alfred ME 04002 17.2 miles from 04064 207-324-1113

Strafford County Sheriff's Office 259 County Farm Road Dover NH 03820 34.7 miles from 04064 603-742-4960

Sagadahoc County Sheriff's Office 752 High Street Bath ME 04530 39.0 miles from 04064 207-443-8201

Carroll County Sheriff's Office 95 Water Village Road Ossipee NH 03864 39.1 miles from 04064 603-539-2284

Androscoggin County Sheriff's Office 2 Turner Street Auburn ME 04210 40.4 miles from 04064 207-784-7361

Oxford County Sheriff's Office 26 Western Avenue Paris ME 04281 48.6 miles from 04064 207-743-9554

Rockingham County Sheriff's Office 101 North Road Brentwood NH 03833 48.7 miles from 04064 603-679-2225

Lincoln County Sheriff's Office 42 Bath Road Wiscasset ME 04578 48.7 miles from 04064 207-882-7332

Belknap County Sheriff's Office 42 County Drive Laconia NH 03246 54.9 miles from 04064 603-527-5454

About Sheriff Departments

Do Sheriff's Departments issue restraining orders?

No. Restraining orders must be obtained through attorneys and the courts. After a restraining order is issued, a Sheriff's Department will typically serve, maintain, and enforce the order.

What is the difference between a Sheriff and a Marshal?

A Sheriff is usually an elected official responsible for the Sheriff's Department and all of the duties associated with the office. Marshals tend to have a more limited scope of responsibilities, such as providing court security or issuing subpoenas and warrants. A U.S. Marshal is a federal officer responsible for the security of federal courts and numerous other duties including the witness protection program.

Does the Sheriff's Department issue photo identification to citizens?

Some, but not all, Sheriff's Departments offer this service. In many states, the Department of Motor Vehicles issues photo identification cards for non-drivers.