04038 Sheriff Department

Find 04038 sheriff offices, departments, headquarters, jails, and detention centers. Sheriffs provide information on records, arrests, inmates, warrants, and mugshots.

Cumberland County Sheriff's Office 36 County Way Portland ME 04102 9.8 miles from 04038 207-774-1444

York County Sheriff's Office 1 Layman Way Alfred ME 04002 21.4 miles from 04038 207-324-1113

Androscoggin County Sheriff's Office 2 Turner Street Auburn ME 04210 29.7 miles from 04038 207-784-7361

Carroll County Sheriff's Office 95 Water Village Road Ossipee NH 03864 33.7 miles from 04038 603-539-2284

Sagadahoc County Sheriff's Office 752 High Street Bath ME 04530 35.1 miles from 04038 207-443-8201

Oxford County Sheriff's Office 26 Western Avenue Paris ME 04281 35.9 miles from 04038 207-743-9554

Strafford County Sheriff's Office 259 County Farm Road Dover NH 03820 41.0 miles from 04038 603-742-4960

Lincoln County Sheriff's Office 42 Bath Road Wiscasset ME 04578 44.6 miles from 04038 207-882-7332

Belknap County Sheriff's Office 42 County Drive Laconia NH 03246 52.3 miles from 04038 603-527-5454

Kennebec County Sheriff's Office 125 State Street Augusta ME 04330 54.2 miles from 04038 207-623-3614

About Sheriff Departments

Do Sheriff's Departments issue restraining orders?

No. Restraining orders must be obtained through attorneys and the courts. After a restraining order is issued, a Sheriff's Department will typically serve, maintain, and enforce the order.

What is the difference between a Sheriff and a Marshal?

A Sheriff is usually an elected official responsible for the Sheriff's Department and all of the duties associated with the office. Marshals tend to have a more limited scope of responsibilities, such as providing court security or issuing subpoenas and warrants. A U.S. Marshal is a federal officer responsible for the security of federal courts and numerous other duties including the witness protection program.

Does the Sheriff's Department issue photo identification to citizens?

Some, but not all, Sheriff's Departments offer this service. In many states, the Department of Motor Vehicles issues photo identification cards for non-drivers.