24811 Public Works

Find 24811 departments of public works or DPW. Public works departments provide information on public projects, maintenance of parks, buildings, roads, highways, bridges, tunnels, traffic signals, snow removal, public utilities, water treatment and sewage.

Bluefield Public Works 112 Huffard Drive Bluefield VA 24605 30.1 miles from 24811 276-322-4626

Princeton Public Works 396 Morrison Drive Princeton WV 24740 36.5 miles from 24811 304-487-5035

Bland County Public Works 612 Main Street Bland VA 24315 41.6 miles from 24811 276-688-4607

Wytheville Public Works 150 E Monroe St Wytheville VA 24382 48.9 miles from 24811 276-223-3357

Abingdon Public Works 300 Green Spring Road Abingdon VA 24210 48.9 miles from 24811 276-628-5661

Glen Lyn Public Works 205 Houston Lane Glen Lyn VA 24093 50.4 miles from 24811 540-726-2698

Wise Public Works 540 Yellow Creek Road Southeast Wise VA 24293 53.1 miles from 24811 276-328-6119

Oak Hill Public Works 1815 Main Street East Oak Hill WV 25901 54.2 miles from 24811 304-469-7615

Public Works Near Me

About Public Works

Does Public Works charge for services?

Some Public Works operations, such as maintenance of roads, parks and public facilities are typically funded through general taxation. Other services such as trash collection, water service and sewer service may be funded by user fees. Fees for trash collection may be a flat monthly service fee, or may be based on volume of trash collected.

Who is responsible for maintaining sidewalks?

The specifics vary from one jurisdiction to the next. Typically, the Public Works Department installs new sidewalks and replaces old sidewalks in accordance with a replacement schedule. Most state statutes and local ordinances place responsibility for maintenance of sidewalks with the property owner. In addition to repairs for sidewalks, property owners are almost always responsible for clearing sidewalks of snow and obstructions.

Can I get a stop sign installed on my street?

In most jurisdictions, a request for a stop sign may be made through the Public Works Department's engineering or roads maintenance division. The location is usually investigated and studied to determine if a stop sign is warranted and meets any applicable state guidelines for traffic control devices.