24534 Public Works

Find 24534 departments of public works or DPW. Public works departments provide information on public projects, maintenance of parks, buildings, roads, highways, bridges, tunnels, traffic signals, snow removal, public utilities, water treatment and sewage.

Halifax County Public Works 2412 Younger Avenue South Boston VA 24592 12.5 miles from 24534 434-572-1224

South Boston Public Works 710 Hamilton Boulevard South Boston VA 24592 12.8 miles from 24534 434-575-4260

Halifax County Public Works 7081 Red Bank Road Virgilina VA 24598 21.4 miles from 24534 434-585-3461

Altavista Public Works 1311 3 C Place Altavista VA 24517 31.4 miles from 24534 434-369-6045

Person County Public Works CHUB LAKE Rd Roxboro NC 27573 34.2 miles from 24534 336-597-1740

Farmville Public Works 814 Longwood Avenue Farmville VA 23901 36.5 miles from 24534 434-392-8465

Danville Public Works 998 S Boston Rd Danville VA 24540 38.6 miles from 24534 434-799-5245

Oxford Public Works 127 Penn Avenue Oxford NC 27565 39.7 miles from 24534 919-603-1132

Henderson Public Works 900 South Beckford Drive Henderson NC 27536 41.3 miles from 24534 252-431-6115

Crewe Public Works 125 East Carolina Avenue Crewe VA 23930 41.5 miles from 24534 434-645-9213

Blackstone Public Works 630 Church Street Blackstone VA 23824 44.3 miles from 24534 434-292-1242

Butner Public Works 415 Central Avenue Butner NC 27509 50.5 miles from 24534 919-575-3368

Creedmoor Public Works 404 Grey St Creedmoor NC 27522 51.8 miles from 24534 919-764-1036

Public Works Near Me

About Public Works

Does Public Works charge for services?

Some Public Works operations, such as maintenance of roads, parks and public facilities are typically funded through general taxation. Other services such as trash collection, water service and sewer service may be funded by user fees. Fees for trash collection may be a flat monthly service fee, or may be based on volume of trash collected.

Who is responsible for maintaining sidewalks?

The specifics vary from one jurisdiction to the next. Typically, the Public Works Department installs new sidewalks and replaces old sidewalks in accordance with a replacement schedule. Most state statutes and local ordinances place responsibility for maintenance of sidewalks with the property owner. In addition to repairs for sidewalks, property owners are almost always responsible for clearing sidewalks of snow and obstructions.

Can I get a stop sign installed on my street?

In most jurisdictions, a request for a stop sign may be made through the Public Works Department's engineering or roads maintenance division. The location is usually investigated and studied to determine if a stop sign is warranted and meets any applicable state guidelines for traffic control devices.