24273 Public Works

Find 24273 departments of public works or DPW. Public works departments provide information on public projects, maintenance of parks, buildings, roads, highways, bridges, tunnels, traffic signals, snow removal, public utilities, water treatment and sewage.

Wise Public Works 540 Yellow Creek Road Southeast Wise VA 24293 4.9 miles from 24273 276-328-6119

Big Stone Gap Public Works 505 East 5th Street South Big Stone Gap VA 24219 9.3 miles from 24273 276-523-4382

Kingsport Public Works 609 Industry Dr Kingsport TN 37660 29.1 miles from 24273 423-229-9451

Bristol City Public Works 300 Lee St Bristol VA 24201 36.7 miles from 24273 276-645-7380

Bristol Virginia Public Works 2125 Shakesville Rd Bristol VA 24201 37.6 miles from 24273 276-645-3791

Bristol Public Works 2103 Shakesville Rd Bristol VA 24201 37.6 miles from 24273 276-645-7360

Bristol Public Works 1321 Weaver Pike Bristol TN 37620 38.1 miles from 24273 423-989-5582

Bristol Tennessee Public Works 212 Blackley Road Bristol TN 37620 38.3 miles from 24273 423-989-5586

Abingdon Public Works 300 Green Spring Road Abingdon VA 24210 42.0 miles from 24273 276-628-5661

Johnson City Public Works 91 New Street Johnson TN 37601 47.6 miles from 24273 423-975-2763

Elizabethton Public Works 217 Sycamore Shoals Drive Elizabethton TN 37643 48.0 miles from 24273 423-547-6238

Prestonsburg Public Works 5230 Kentucky 321 Prestonsburg KY 41653 53.0 miles from 24273 606-886-3537

Public Works Near Me

About Public Works

Does Public Works charge for services?

Some Public Works operations, such as maintenance of roads, parks and public facilities are typically funded through general taxation. Other services such as trash collection, water service and sewer service may be funded by user fees. Fees for trash collection may be a flat monthly service fee, or may be based on volume of trash collected.

Who is responsible for maintaining sidewalks?

The specifics vary from one jurisdiction to the next. Typically, the Public Works Department installs new sidewalks and replaces old sidewalks in accordance with a replacement schedule. Most state statutes and local ordinances place responsibility for maintenance of sidewalks with the property owner. In addition to repairs for sidewalks, property owners are almost always responsible for clearing sidewalks of snow and obstructions.

Can I get a stop sign installed on my street?

In most jurisdictions, a request for a stop sign may be made through the Public Works Department's engineering or roads maintenance division. The location is usually investigated and studied to determine if a stop sign is warranted and meets any applicable state guidelines for traffic control devices.