24142 Public Works

Find 24142 departments of public works or DPW. Public works departments provide information on public projects, maintenance of parks, buildings, roads, highways, bridges, tunnels, traffic signals, snow removal, public utilities, water treatment and sewage.

Radford City Public Works Ste 164, 619 2nd St Radford VA 24141 1.7 miles from 24142 540-731-3604

Christiansburg Public Works 100 East Main Street Christiansburg VA 24073 7.9 miles from 24142 540-382-1151

Blacksburg Public Works 2700 Prosperity Road Blacksburg VA 24060 9.4 miles from 24142 540-961-1142

Pulaski Public Works 27 State St Pulaski VA 24301 14.6 miles from 24142 540-994-8656

Giles County Public Works 315 North Main Street Pearisburg VA 24134 16.7 miles from 24142 540-921-2525

Glen Lyn Public Works 205 Houston Lane Glen Lyn VA 24093 23.4 miles from 24142 540-726-2698

Bland County Public Works 612 Main Street Bland VA 24315 31.2 miles from 24142 276-688-4607

Wytheville Public Works 150 E Monroe St Wytheville VA 24382 32.1 miles from 24142 276-223-3357

Princeton Public Works 396 Morrison Drive Princeton WV 24740 34.3 miles from 24142 304-487-5035

Roanoke Public Works 1802 Courtland Rd NE Roanoke VA 24012 35.3 miles from 24142 540-853-2000

Rocky Mt Public Works 256 Cliff St Rocky Mount VA 24151 38.3 miles from 24142 540-483-1320

Bluefield Public Works 112 Huffard Drive Bluefield VA 24605 39.8 miles from 24142 276-322-4626

Mount Airy Public Works 440 East Pine Street Mount Airy NC 27030 44.0 miles from 24142 336-786-3580

Lewisburg Public Works 531 Feamster Road Lewisburg WV 24901 46.7 miles from 24142 304-645-1833

Martinsville Public Works 55 W Church St Martinsville VA 24112 48.5 miles from 24142 276-403-5154

Surry County Public Works 2000 Prison Camp Road Dobson NC 27017 50.2 miles from 24142 336-401-8376

Covington Public Works 150 S Maple Ave Covington VA 24426 54.4 miles from 24142 540-965-6327

Public Works Near Me

About Public Works

Does Public Works charge for services?

Some Public Works operations, such as maintenance of roads, parks and public facilities are typically funded through general taxation. Other services such as trash collection, water service and sewer service may be funded by user fees. Fees for trash collection may be a flat monthly service fee, or may be based on volume of trash collected.

Who is responsible for maintaining sidewalks?

The specifics vary from one jurisdiction to the next. Typically, the Public Works Department installs new sidewalks and replaces old sidewalks in accordance with a replacement schedule. Most state statutes and local ordinances place responsibility for maintenance of sidewalks with the property owner. In addition to repairs for sidewalks, property owners are almost always responsible for clearing sidewalks of snow and obstructions.

Can I get a stop sign installed on my street?

In most jurisdictions, a request for a stop sign may be made through the Public Works Department's engineering or roads maintenance division. The location is usually investigated and studied to determine if a stop sign is warranted and meets any applicable state guidelines for traffic control devices.