22935 Public Works

Find 22935 departments of public works or DPW. Public works departments provide information on public projects, maintenance of parks, buildings, roads, highways, bridges, tunnels, traffic signals, snow removal, public utilities, water treatment and sewage.

Charlottesville Public Works 305 4th Street Northwest Charlottesville VA 22903 15.8 miles from 22935 434-970-3302

Shenandoah Public Works 566 Long Avenue Shenandoah VA 22849 16.2 miles from 22935 540-652-3349

Harrisonburg Public Works 320 E Mosby Rd Harrisonburg VA 22801 21.1 miles from 22935 540-434-5928

Waynesboro Public Works 941 Fir St Waynesboro VA 22980 21.5 miles from 22935 540-942-6624

Stanley Town Public Works 878 Marksville Rd Stanley VA 22851 22.6 miles from 22935 540-778-1250

Bridgewater Town Public Works 201 Green Street Bridgewater VA 22812 24.1 miles from 22935 540-828-3705

Orange Public Works 235 Warren Street Orange VA 22960 24.7 miles from 22935 540-672-4791

New Market Public Works 389 Academy Rd New Market VA 22844 28.4 miles from 22935 540-740-8914

Palmyra Public Works 72 Main Street Palmyra VA 22963 31.7 miles from 22935 434-589-6121

Nelson County Public Works 8395 Thomas Nelson Highway Lovingston VA 22949 38.7 miles from 22935 434-263-7095

Woodstock Public Works 200 Moose Road Woodstock VA 22664 44.2 miles from 22935 540-459-3045

Front Royal Public Works 800 Crosby Rd Front Royal VA 22630 50.0 miles from 22935 540-635-7819

Warrenton Public Works 360 Falmouth Street Warrenton VA 20186 52.2 miles from 22935 540-347-1858

Public Works Near Me

About Public Works

Does Public Works charge for services?

Some Public Works operations, such as maintenance of roads, parks and public facilities are typically funded through general taxation. Other services such as trash collection, water service and sewer service may be funded by user fees. Fees for trash collection may be a flat monthly service fee, or may be based on volume of trash collected.

Who is responsible for maintaining sidewalks?

The specifics vary from one jurisdiction to the next. Typically, the Public Works Department installs new sidewalks and replaces old sidewalks in accordance with a replacement schedule. Most state statutes and local ordinances place responsibility for maintenance of sidewalks with the property owner. In addition to repairs for sidewalks, property owners are almost always responsible for clearing sidewalks of snow and obstructions.

Can I get a stop sign installed on my street?

In most jurisdictions, a request for a stop sign may be made through the Public Works Department's engineering or roads maintenance division. The location is usually investigated and studied to determine if a stop sign is warranted and meets any applicable state guidelines for traffic control devices.