21156 Public Works

Find 21156 departments of public works or DPW. Public works departments provide information on public projects, maintenance of parks, buildings, roads, highways, bridges, tunnels, traffic signals, snow removal, public utilities, water treatment and sewage.

Montgomery County Public Works 101 Monroe Street Rockville MD 20850 47.1 miles from 21156 301-565-7460

Rockville City Public Works 111 Maryland Avenue Rockville MD 20850 47.3 miles from 21156 240-314-8500

New Castle Public Works 900 Wilmington Road New Castle DE 19720 47.3 miles from 21156 302-322-9808

District Heights Public Works 2000 Marbury Drive District Heights MD 20747 47.4 miles from 21156 301-336-7417

Bethesda Public Works 4804 Montgomery Lane Bethesda MD 20814 48.9 miles from 21156 301-652-5194

Gaithersburg Public Works 800 Rabbitt Road Gaithersburg MD 20878 49.1 miles from 21156 301-258-6370

Montgomery County Public Works 101 Orchard Ridge Drive Gaithersburg MD 20878 49.5 miles from 21156 240-777-6000

Wilmington City Public Works 800 North French Street Wilmington DE 19801 49.9 miles from 21156 302-576-3060

Washington Public Works 1401 K Street Northwest Washington DC 20005 50.2 miles from 21156 202-408-9541

Kent County Public Works 555 South Bay Road Dover DE 19901 51.4 miles from 21156 302-744-2430

Frederick Public Works 111 East Airport Drive Frederick MD 21701 52.4 miles from 21156 301-600-1440

Arlington County Public Works 2100 North Clarendon Boulevard Arlington VA 22201 52.8 miles from 21156 703-228-3672

Frederick County Public Works 118 North Market Street Frederick MD 21701 54.1 miles from 21156 301-694-1129

Thurmont Public Works 10 Frederick Road Thurmont MD 21788 55.6 miles from 21156 301-271-7313

Concord Township Public Works 675 Smithbridge Rd Glen Mills PA 19342 55.7 miles from 21156 484-574-8924

About Public Works

Does Public Works charge for services?

Some Public Works operations, such as maintenance of roads, parks and public facilities are typically funded through general taxation. Other services such as trash collection, water service and sewer service may be funded by user fees. Fees for trash collection may be a flat monthly service fee, or may be based on volume of trash collected.

Who is responsible for maintaining sidewalks?

The specifics vary from one jurisdiction to the next. Typically, the Public Works Department installs new sidewalks and replaces old sidewalks in accordance with a replacement schedule. Most state statutes and local ordinances place responsibility for maintenance of sidewalks with the property owner. In addition to repairs for sidewalks, property owners are almost always responsible for clearing sidewalks of snow and obstructions.

Can I get a stop sign installed on my street?

In most jurisdictions, a request for a stop sign may be made through the Public Works Department's engineering or roads maintenance division. The location is usually investigated and studied to determine if a stop sign is warranted and meets any applicable state guidelines for traffic control devices.