17822 Public Works

Find 17822 departments of public works or DPW. Public works departments provide information on public projects, maintenance of parks, buildings, roads, highways, bridges, tunnels, traffic signals, snow removal, public utilities, water treatment and sewage.

Bloomsburg Public Works 821 Catherine Street Bloomsburg PA 17815 8.4 miles from 17822 570-784-2300

Milton Public Works 170 Race Street Milton PA 17847 13.3 miles from 17822 570-742-8601

Hazleton Public Works 215 North Cedar Street Hazleton PA 18201 33.2 miles from 17822 570-455-5670

Annville Public Works 675 West Main Street Annville PA 17003 44.4 miles from 17822 717-867-1992

Lower Paxton Public Works 5975 Locust Lane Harrisburg PA 17109 47.5 miles from 17822 717-657-4731

Derry Township Public Works 620 Clearwater Road Hershey PA 17033 47.5 miles from 17822 717-533-2057

Lehighton Public Works E PENN St Lehighton PA 18235 47.5 miles from 17822 610-377-4009

Hummelstown Borough Public Works 122 North Duke Street Hummelstown PA 17036 48.8 miles from 17822 717-566-8147

New Bloomfield Public Works 100 Centre Drive New Bloomfield PA 17068 49.2 miles from 17822 717-582-0379

Harrisburg Public Works 100 Pine Drive Harrisburg PA 17103 49.4 miles from 17822 717-238-8725

Lower Swatara Public Works 1499 Spring Garden Drive Middletown PA 17057 52.3 miles from 17822 717-939-9377

Camp Hill Public Works 2701 Columbia Avenue Camp Hill PA 17011 53.4 miles from 17822 717-730-3964

Walnutport Public Works 100 Carbon Street Walnutport PA 18088 54.6 miles from 17822 610-767-6634

Towanda Boro Public Works 724 Main Street Towanda PA 18848 55.5 miles from 17822 570-265-5151

Public Works Near Me

About Public Works

Does Public Works charge for services?

Some Public Works operations, such as maintenance of roads, parks and public facilities are typically funded through general taxation. Other services such as trash collection, water service and sewer service may be funded by user fees. Fees for trash collection may be a flat monthly service fee, or may be based on volume of trash collected.

Who is responsible for maintaining sidewalks?

The specifics vary from one jurisdiction to the next. Typically, the Public Works Department installs new sidewalks and replaces old sidewalks in accordance with a replacement schedule. Most state statutes and local ordinances place responsibility for maintenance of sidewalks with the property owner. In addition to repairs for sidewalks, property owners are almost always responsible for clearing sidewalks of snow and obstructions.

Can I get a stop sign installed on my street?

In most jurisdictions, a request for a stop sign may be made through the Public Works Department's engineering or roads maintenance division. The location is usually investigated and studied to determine if a stop sign is warranted and meets any applicable state guidelines for traffic control devices.