17238 Public Works

Find 17238 departments of public works or DPW. Public works departments provide information on public projects, maintenance of parks, buildings, roads, highways, bridges, tunnels, traffic signals, snow removal, public utilities, water treatment and sewage.

Washington County Public Works 601 Northern Ave Hagerstown MD 21742 26.0 miles from 17238 240-313-2720

Hagerstown Public Works 1 E Franklin St Hagerstown MD 21740 26.4 miles from 17238 301-790-3200

Martinsburg Public Works 800 Buxton Street Martinsburg WV 25401 29.4 miles from 17238 304-264-2126

Shippensburg Public Works 101 Dykeman Road Shippensburg PA 17257 34.9 miles from 17238 717-532-8659

Cumberland Public Works 215 Bowen Street Cumberland MD 21502 37.3 miles from 17238 301-759-6620

Allegany County Public Works 701 Kelly Road Cumberland MD 21502 37.3 miles from 17238 301-777-2526

Thurmont Public Works 10 Frederick Road Thurmont MD 21788 41.5 miles from 17238 301-271-7313

Winchester City Public Works 301 E Cork St Winchester VA 22601 47.1 miles from 17238 540-667-1815

Altoona Public Works 1301-09 12th Street Altoona PA 16601 47.7 miles from 17238 814-949-2446

Frederick County Public Works 118 North Market Street Frederick MD 21701 49.0 miles from 17238 301-694-1129

Berryville Public Works 23 East Main Street Berryville VA 22611 49.5 miles from 17238 540-955-4843

Frederick Public Works 111 East Airport Drive Frederick MD 21701 50.8 miles from 17238 301-600-1440

Public Works Near Me

About Public Works

Does Public Works charge for services?

Some Public Works operations, such as maintenance of roads, parks and public facilities are typically funded through general taxation. Other services such as trash collection, water service and sewer service may be funded by user fees. Fees for trash collection may be a flat monthly service fee, or may be based on volume of trash collected.

Who is responsible for maintaining sidewalks?

The specifics vary from one jurisdiction to the next. Typically, the Public Works Department installs new sidewalks and replaces old sidewalks in accordance with a replacement schedule. Most state statutes and local ordinances place responsibility for maintenance of sidewalks with the property owner. In addition to repairs for sidewalks, property owners are almost always responsible for clearing sidewalks of snow and obstructions.

Can I get a stop sign installed on my street?

In most jurisdictions, a request for a stop sign may be made through the Public Works Department's engineering or roads maintenance division. The location is usually investigated and studied to determine if a stop sign is warranted and meets any applicable state guidelines for traffic control devices.