17223 Public Works

Find 17223 departments of public works or DPW. Public works departments provide information on public projects, maintenance of parks, buildings, roads, highways, bridges, tunnels, traffic signals, snow removal, public utilities, water treatment and sewage.

Shippensburg Public Works 101 Dykeman Road Shippensburg PA 17257 22.7 miles from 17223 717-532-8659

Washington County Public Works 601 Northern Ave Hagerstown MD 21742 31.6 miles from 17223 240-313-2720

Hagerstown Public Works 1 E Franklin St Hagerstown MD 21740 32.8 miles from 17223 301-790-3200

Altoona Public Works 1301-09 12th Street Altoona PA 16601 38.4 miles from 17223 814-949-2446

Thurmont Public Works 10 Frederick Road Thurmont MD 21788 42.7 miles from 17223 301-271-7313

Martinsburg Public Works 800 Buxton Street Martinsburg WV 25401 44.0 miles from 17223 304-264-2126

New Bloomfield Public Works 100 Centre Drive New Bloomfield PA 17068 45.4 miles from 17223 717-582-0379

Allegany County Public Works 701 Kelly Road Cumberland MD 21502 53.7 miles from 17223 301-777-2526

Cumberland Public Works 215 Bowen Street Cumberland MD 21502 53.8 miles from 17223 301-759-6620

Frederick County Public Works 118 North Market Street Frederick MD 21701 54.3 miles from 17223 301-694-1129

Hanover Public Works 139 North Street Hanover PA 17331 54.4 miles from 17223 717-632-3939

Camp Hill Public Works 2701 Columbia Avenue Camp Hill PA 17011 54.6 miles from 17223 717-730-3964

Frederick Public Works 111 East Airport Drive Frederick MD 21701 55.7 miles from 17223 301-600-1440

Public Works Near Me

About Public Works

Does Public Works charge for services?

Some Public Works operations, such as maintenance of roads, parks and public facilities are typically funded through general taxation. Other services such as trash collection, water service and sewer service may be funded by user fees. Fees for trash collection may be a flat monthly service fee, or may be based on volume of trash collected.

Who is responsible for maintaining sidewalks?

The specifics vary from one jurisdiction to the next. Typically, the Public Works Department installs new sidewalks and replaces old sidewalks in accordance with a replacement schedule. Most state statutes and local ordinances place responsibility for maintenance of sidewalks with the property owner. In addition to repairs for sidewalks, property owners are almost always responsible for clearing sidewalks of snow and obstructions.

Can I get a stop sign installed on my street?

In most jurisdictions, a request for a stop sign may be made through the Public Works Department's engineering or roads maintenance division. The location is usually investigated and studied to determine if a stop sign is warranted and meets any applicable state guidelines for traffic control devices.