17082 Public Works

Find 17082 departments of public works or DPW. Public works departments provide information on public projects, maintenance of parks, buildings, roads, highways, bridges, tunnels, traffic signals, snow removal, public utilities, water treatment and sewage.

New Bloomfield Public Works 100 Centre Drive New Bloomfield PA 17068 14.1 miles from 17082 717-582-0379

Shippensburg Public Works 101 Dykeman Road Shippensburg PA 17257 31.6 miles from 17082 717-532-8659

Camp Hill Public Works 2701 Columbia Avenue Camp Hill PA 17011 32.8 miles from 17082 717-730-3964

Bellefonte Public Works 236 West Lamb Street Bellefonte PA 16823 33.8 miles from 17082 814-355-1501

Harrisburg Public Works 100 Pine Drive Harrisburg PA 17103 33.8 miles from 17082 717-238-8725

Lower Paxton Public Works 5975 Locust Lane Harrisburg PA 17109 37.7 miles from 17082 717-657-4731

Lower Swatara Public Works 1499 Spring Garden Drive Middletown PA 17057 40.6 miles from 17082 717-939-9377

Hummelstown Borough Public Works 122 North Duke Street Hummelstown PA 17036 41.6 miles from 17082 717-566-8147

Derry Township Public Works 620 Clearwater Road Hershey PA 17033 42.9 miles from 17082 717-533-2057

Milton Public Works 170 Race Street Milton PA 17847 47.7 miles from 17082 570-742-8601

Annville Public Works 675 West Main Street Annville PA 17003 49.7 miles from 17082 717-867-1992

Altoona Public Works 1301-09 12th Street Altoona PA 16601 50.1 miles from 17082 814-949-2446

York City Public Works 101 South George Street York PA 17401 53.0 miles from 17082 717-849-2245

Hanover Public Works 139 North Street Hanover PA 17331 53.6 miles from 17082 717-632-3939

About Public Works

Does Public Works charge for services?

Some Public Works operations, such as maintenance of roads, parks and public facilities are typically funded through general taxation. Other services such as trash collection, water service and sewer service may be funded by user fees. Fees for trash collection may be a flat monthly service fee, or may be based on volume of trash collected.

Who is responsible for maintaining sidewalks?

The specifics vary from one jurisdiction to the next. Typically, the Public Works Department installs new sidewalks and replaces old sidewalks in accordance with a replacement schedule. Most state statutes and local ordinances place responsibility for maintenance of sidewalks with the property owner. In addition to repairs for sidewalks, property owners are almost always responsible for clearing sidewalks of snow and obstructions.

Can I get a stop sign installed on my street?

In most jurisdictions, a request for a stop sign may be made through the Public Works Department's engineering or roads maintenance division. The location is usually investigated and studied to determine if a stop sign is warranted and meets any applicable state guidelines for traffic control devices.