16245 Public Works

Find 16245 departments of public works or DPW. Public works departments provide information on public projects, maintenance of parks, buildings, roads, highways, bridges, tunnels, traffic signals, snow removal, public utilities, water treatment and sewage.

Springdale Township Public Works 1331 Pillow Avenue Harwick PA 15049 41.0 miles from 16245 724-274-4380

Cheswick Borough Public Works 220 South Atlantic Avenue Cheswick PA 15024 41.6 miles from 16245 724-274-4776

Monroeville Public Works 200 Starr Drive Monroeville PA 15146 45.1 miles from 16245 412-856-3343

St Marys Public Works 11 Lafayette Street St. Marys PA 15857 48.1 miles from 16245 814-781-1718

Latrobe Public Works 696 Mission Road Latrobe PA 15650 49.4 miles from 16245 724-537-8974

Manor Borough Public Works 511 Brush Creek Road Manor PA 15665 50.5 miles from 16245 724-863-7704

North Versailles Public Works 1401 Greensburg Avenue North Versailles PA 15137 51.1 miles from 16245 412-824-1102

Irwin Public Works 1 1st Street Irwin PA 15642 51.3 miles from 16245 724-864-3105

Ligonier Public Works 301 Bunger Street Ligonier PA 15658 52.5 miles from 16245 724-238-7426

Ben Avon Borough Public Works 250 Spruce Run Road Ben Avon PA 15202 53.5 miles from 16245 412-761-5311

Pittsburgh Public Works 414 Grant Street Pittsburgh PA 15219 53.7 miles from 16245 412-255-8850

McKeesport City Public Works 500 5th Avenue McKeesport PA 15132 54.1 miles from 16245 412-675-5033

Conway Public Works 1208 3rd Avenue Conway PA 15027 54.6 miles from 16245 724-869-5145

Public Works Near Me

About Public Works

Does Public Works charge for services?

Some Public Works operations, such as maintenance of roads, parks and public facilities are typically funded through general taxation. Other services such as trash collection, water service and sewer service may be funded by user fees. Fees for trash collection may be a flat monthly service fee, or may be based on volume of trash collected.

Who is responsible for maintaining sidewalks?

The specifics vary from one jurisdiction to the next. Typically, the Public Works Department installs new sidewalks and replaces old sidewalks in accordance with a replacement schedule. Most state statutes and local ordinances place responsibility for maintenance of sidewalks with the property owner. In addition to repairs for sidewalks, property owners are almost always responsible for clearing sidewalks of snow and obstructions.

Can I get a stop sign installed on my street?

In most jurisdictions, a request for a stop sign may be made through the Public Works Department's engineering or roads maintenance division. The location is usually investigated and studied to determine if a stop sign is warranted and meets any applicable state guidelines for traffic control devices.