15956 Public Works

Find 15956 departments of public works or DPW. Public works departments provide information on public projects, maintenance of parks, buildings, roads, highways, bridges, tunnels, traffic signals, snow removal, public utilities, water treatment and sewage.

Altoona Public Works 1301-09 12th Street Altoona PA 16601 23.7 miles from 15956 814-949-2446

Ligonier Public Works 301 Bunger Street Ligonier PA 15658 24.4 miles from 15956 724-238-7426

Latrobe Public Works 696 Mission Road Latrobe PA 15650 30.8 miles from 15956 724-537-8974

Manor Borough Public Works 511 Brush Creek Road Manor PA 15665 45.9 miles from 15956 724-863-7704

Irwin Public Works 1 1st Street Irwin PA 15642 48.3 miles from 15956 724-864-3105

Allegany County Public Works 701 Kelly Road Cumberland MD 21502 48.7 miles from 15956 301-777-2526

Cumberland Public Works 215 Bowen Street Cumberland MD 21502 49.7 miles from 15956 301-759-6620

Monroeville Public Works 200 Starr Drive Monroeville PA 15146 51.4 miles from 15956 412-856-3343

North Versailles Public Works 1401 Greensburg Avenue North Versailles PA 15137 53.8 miles from 15956 412-824-1102

Cheswick Borough Public Works 220 South Atlantic Avenue Cheswick PA 15024 54.3 miles from 15956 724-274-4776

Springdale Township Public Works 1331 Pillow Avenue Harwick PA 15049 54.9 miles from 15956 724-274-4380

Public Works Near Me

About Public Works

Does Public Works charge for services?

Some Public Works operations, such as maintenance of roads, parks and public facilities are typically funded through general taxation. Other services such as trash collection, water service and sewer service may be funded by user fees. Fees for trash collection may be a flat monthly service fee, or may be based on volume of trash collected.

Who is responsible for maintaining sidewalks?

The specifics vary from one jurisdiction to the next. Typically, the Public Works Department installs new sidewalks and replaces old sidewalks in accordance with a replacement schedule. Most state statutes and local ordinances place responsibility for maintenance of sidewalks with the property owner. In addition to repairs for sidewalks, property owners are almost always responsible for clearing sidewalks of snow and obstructions.

Can I get a stop sign installed on my street?

In most jurisdictions, a request for a stop sign may be made through the Public Works Department's engineering or roads maintenance division. The location is usually investigated and studied to determine if a stop sign is warranted and meets any applicable state guidelines for traffic control devices.