15537 Public Works

Find 15537 departments of public works or DPW. Public works departments provide information on public projects, maintenance of parks, buildings, roads, highways, bridges, tunnels, traffic signals, snow removal, public utilities, water treatment and sewage.

Allegany County Public Works 701 Kelly Road Cumberland MD 21502 32.8 miles from 15537 301-777-2526

Cumberland Public Works 215 Bowen Street Cumberland MD 21502 33.2 miles from 15537 301-759-6620

Altoona Public Works 1301-09 12th Street Altoona PA 16601 35.8 miles from 15537 814-949-2446

Washington County Public Works 601 Northern Ave Hagerstown MD 21742 41.8 miles from 15537 240-313-2720

Hagerstown Public Works 1 E Franklin St Hagerstown MD 21740 42.3 miles from 15537 301-790-3200

Martinsburg Public Works 800 Buxton Street Martinsburg WV 25401 43.3 miles from 15537 304-264-2126

Shippensburg Public Works 101 Dykeman Road Shippensburg PA 17257 45.0 miles from 15537 717-532-8659

Ligonier Public Works 301 Bunger Street Ligonier PA 15658 49.1 miles from 15537 724-238-7426

Public Works Near Me

About Public Works

Does Public Works charge for services?

Some Public Works operations, such as maintenance of roads, parks and public facilities are typically funded through general taxation. Other services such as trash collection, water service and sewer service may be funded by user fees. Fees for trash collection may be a flat monthly service fee, or may be based on volume of trash collected.

Who is responsible for maintaining sidewalks?

The specifics vary from one jurisdiction to the next. Typically, the Public Works Department installs new sidewalks and replaces old sidewalks in accordance with a replacement schedule. Most state statutes and local ordinances place responsibility for maintenance of sidewalks with the property owner. In addition to repairs for sidewalks, property owners are almost always responsible for clearing sidewalks of snow and obstructions.

Can I get a stop sign installed on my street?

In most jurisdictions, a request for a stop sign may be made through the Public Works Department's engineering or roads maintenance division. The location is usually investigated and studied to determine if a stop sign is warranted and meets any applicable state guidelines for traffic control devices.