05071 Public Works

Find 05071 departments of public works or DPW. Public works departments provide information on public projects, maintenance of parks, buildings, roads, highways, bridges, tunnels, traffic signals, snow removal, public utilities, water treatment and sewage.

Claremont Public Works 8 Grandview Street Claremont NH 03743 16.0 miles from 05071 603-542-7020

Lebanon Public Works 20 Spencer Street Lebanon NH 03766 16.0 miles from 05071 603-448-3112

Hanover Public Works 194 Lebanon Street Hanover NH 03755 16.4 miles from 05071 603-643-3327

Claremont Public Works 111 South Street Claremont NH 03743 17.3 miles from 05071 603-543-4291

Enfield Public Works 74 Lockehaven Road Enfield NH 03748 22.3 miles from 05071 603-632-4605

Brandon Public Works 356 Champlain Street Goshen VT 05733 32.2 miles from 05071 802-247-3600

Bristol Town Public Works 100 Ayers Island Rd Bristol NH 03222 41.3 miles from 05071 603-744-2441

Barre Public Works 6 North Main Street Barre VT 05641 43.9 miles from 05071 802-476-0260

Montpelier Public Works 1480 Paine Turnpike North Berlin VT 05602 46.2 miles from 05071 802-229-1401

Keene Public Works 350 Marlboro Street Keene NH 03431 46.2 miles from 05071 603-352-6550

Keene Public Works 400 Marlboro Street Keene NH 03431 46.2 miles from 05071 603-352-6550

Montpelier City Public Works 39 Main Street Montpelier VT 05602 48.2 miles from 05071 802-223-9508

Brattleboro Public Works 207 Main Street Guilford VT 05301 48.8 miles from 05071 802-257-7570

Meredith Public Works 347 Daniel Webster Highway Center Harbor NH 03226 52.3 miles from 05071 603-279-6352

Belmont Public Works 149 Hurricane Road Belmont NH 03220 52.9 miles from 05071 603-528-2677

Woodstock Public Works 165 Lost River Road Woodstock NH 03262 53.1 miles from 05071 603-745-8783

Laconia Public Works 27 Bisson Avenue Laconia NH 03246 54.2 miles from 05071 603-528-6379

About Public Works

Does Public Works charge for services?

Some Public Works operations, such as maintenance of roads, parks and public facilities are typically funded through general taxation. Other services such as trash collection, water service and sewer service may be funded by user fees. Fees for trash collection may be a flat monthly service fee, or may be based on volume of trash collected.

Who is responsible for maintaining sidewalks?

The specifics vary from one jurisdiction to the next. Typically, the Public Works Department installs new sidewalks and replaces old sidewalks in accordance with a replacement schedule. Most state statutes and local ordinances place responsibility for maintenance of sidewalks with the property owner. In addition to repairs for sidewalks, property owners are almost always responsible for clearing sidewalks of snow and obstructions.

Can I get a stop sign installed on my street?

In most jurisdictions, a request for a stop sign may be made through the Public Works Department's engineering or roads maintenance division. The location is usually investigated and studied to determine if a stop sign is warranted and meets any applicable state guidelines for traffic control devices.