05069 Public Works

Find 05069 departments of public works or DPW. Public works departments provide information on public projects, maintenance of parks, buildings, roads, highways, bridges, tunnels, traffic signals, snow removal, public utilities, water treatment and sewage.

Barre Public Works 6 North Main Street Barre VT 05641 18.4 miles from 05069 802-476-0260

Littleton Public Works 240 West Main Street Littleton NH 03561 18.5 miles from 05069 603-444-5051

Montpelier Public Works 1480 Paine Turnpike North Berlin VT 05602 21.5 miles from 05069 802-229-1401

Montpelier City Public Works 39 Main Street Montpelier VT 05602 22.3 miles from 05069 802-223-9508

Woodstock Public Works 165 Lost River Road Woodstock NH 03262 24.4 miles from 05069 603-745-8783

Whitefield Public Works 13 Anna Dr Whitefield NH 03598 28.0 miles from 05069 603-837-2202

Waterbury Public Works 556 Barnes Hill Road Waterbury Center VT 05677 31.1 miles from 05069 802-241-4129

Hanover Public Works 194 Lebanon Street Hanover NH 03755 36.3 miles from 05069 603-643-3327

Lebanon Public Works 20 Spencer Street Lebanon NH 03766 39.0 miles from 05069 603-448-3112

Johnson Public Works 661 Railroad St Johnson VT 05656 40.4 miles from 05069 802-635-2301

Enfield Public Works 74 Lockehaven Road Enfield NH 03748 40.4 miles from 05069 603-632-4605

Meredith Public Works 347 Daniel Webster Highway Center Harbor NH 03226 46.3 miles from 05069 603-279-6352

Bristol Town Public Works 100 Ayers Island Rd Bristol NH 03222 46.6 miles from 05069 603-744-2441

Wellston Public Works 7900 Williston Road Williston VT 05495 49.3 miles from 05069 802-878-1239

Gorham Public Works 24 Main Street Gorham NH 03581 49.3 miles from 05069 603-466-5025

Essex Town Public Works 188 Sandhill Road Essex VT 05452 50.0 miles from 05069 802-879-6689

Essex Junction Public Works 2 Lincoln St Essex Junction VT 05452 52.3 miles from 05069 802-878-6940

Center Conway Public Works 1634 Main Street Conway NH 03813 55.1 miles from 05069 603-447-3855

Brandon Public Works 356 Champlain Street Goshen VT 05733 55.7 miles from 05069 802-247-3600

About Public Works

Does Public Works charge for services?

Some Public Works operations, such as maintenance of roads, parks and public facilities are typically funded through general taxation. Other services such as trash collection, water service and sewer service may be funded by user fees. Fees for trash collection may be a flat monthly service fee, or may be based on volume of trash collected.

Who is responsible for maintaining sidewalks?

The specifics vary from one jurisdiction to the next. Typically, the Public Works Department installs new sidewalks and replaces old sidewalks in accordance with a replacement schedule. Most state statutes and local ordinances place responsibility for maintenance of sidewalks with the property owner. In addition to repairs for sidewalks, property owners are almost always responsible for clearing sidewalks of snow and obstructions.

Can I get a stop sign installed on my street?

In most jurisdictions, a request for a stop sign may be made through the Public Works Department's engineering or roads maintenance division. The location is usually investigated and studied to determine if a stop sign is warranted and meets any applicable state guidelines for traffic control devices.