04932 Public Works

Find 04932 departments of public works or DPW. Public works departments provide information on public projects, maintenance of parks, buildings, roads, highways, bridges, tunnels, traffic signals, snow removal, public utilities, water treatment and sewage.

Hampden Public Works 106 Western Avenue Hampden ME 04444 14.9 miles from 04932 207-862-3337

Bangor Public Works 530 Maine Avenue Bangor ME 04401 18.4 miles from 04932 207-992-4500

Belfast Public Works 55 Congress Street Belfast ME 04915 20.2 miles from 04932 207-338-2375

Winslow Public Works 120 Halifax Street Winslow ME 04901 25.3 miles from 04932 207-872-1972

Winslow Town Public Works 20 Dean Street Winslow ME 04901 25.3 miles from 04932 207-872-1960

Orono Public Works 80 Penobscot Street Orono ME 04473 27.2 miles from 04932 207-866-5062

Dover Foxcroft Public Works 1081 South Street Dover-Foxcroft ME 04426 33.5 miles from 04932 207-564-2841

Camden Public Works 40 John Street Camden ME 04843 34.3 miles from 04932 207-236-7954

Rockport Public Works 35 Elwood Avenue Rockport ME 04856 36.4 miles from 04932 207-236-6245

Madison Public Works 140 Madison Avenue Madison ME 04950 36.9 miles from 04932 207-696-5378

Ellsworth City Public Works 526 Main Street Ellsworth ME 04605 38.3 miles from 04932 207-667-2037

Waldoboro Public Works 1600 Wagner Bridge Road Waldoboro ME 04572 40.7 miles from 04932 207-832-4255

Rockland Public Works 9 Burrows St Rockland ME 04841 41.5 miles from 04932 207-594-0320

Southwest Harbor Public Works 178 Seal Cove Road Southwest Harbor ME 04679 48.4 miles from 04932 207-244-7917

Winthrop Public Works 17 Highland Ave Winthrop ME 04364 48.8 miles from 04932 207-377-7221

Farmington Public Works 122 Public Works Dr Farmington ME 04938 49.2 miles from 04932 207-778-2191

Monmouth Public Works 75 Academy Road Monmouth ME 04259 53.0 miles from 04932 207-933-2650

Lincoln Town Public Works PARK Ave Lincoln ME 04457 55.1 miles from 04932 207-794-6658

Public Works Near Me

About Public Works

Does Public Works charge for services?

Some Public Works operations, such as maintenance of roads, parks and public facilities are typically funded through general taxation. Other services such as trash collection, water service and sewer service may be funded by user fees. Fees for trash collection may be a flat monthly service fee, or may be based on volume of trash collected.

Who is responsible for maintaining sidewalks?

The specifics vary from one jurisdiction to the next. Typically, the Public Works Department installs new sidewalks and replaces old sidewalks in accordance with a replacement schedule. Most state statutes and local ordinances place responsibility for maintenance of sidewalks with the property owner. In addition to repairs for sidewalks, property owners are almost always responsible for clearing sidewalks of snow and obstructions.

Can I get a stop sign installed on my street?

In most jurisdictions, a request for a stop sign may be made through the Public Works Department's engineering or roads maintenance division. The location is usually investigated and studied to determine if a stop sign is warranted and meets any applicable state guidelines for traffic control devices.