04679 Public Works

Find 04679 departments of public works or DPW. Public works departments provide information on public projects, maintenance of parks, buildings, roads, highways, bridges, tunnels, traffic signals, snow removal, public utilities, water treatment and sewage.

Southwest Harbor Public Works 178 Seal Cove Road Southwest Harbor ME 04679 207-244-7917

Ellsworth City Public Works 526 Main Street Ellsworth ME 04605 19.2 miles from 04679 207-667-2037

Belfast Public Works 55 Congress Street Belfast ME 04915 35.2 miles from 04679 207-338-2375

Camden Public Works 40 John Street Camden ME 04843 37.8 miles from 04679 207-236-7954

Rockport Public Works 35 Elwood Avenue Rockport ME 04856 38.3 miles from 04679 207-236-6245

Hampden Public Works 106 Western Avenue Hampden ME 04444 41.3 miles from 04679 207-862-3337

Rockland Public Works 9 Burrows St Rockland ME 04841 41.7 miles from 04679 207-594-0320

Bangor Public Works 530 Maine Avenue Bangor ME 04401 43.7 miles from 04679 207-992-4500

Orono Public Works 80 Penobscot Street Orono ME 04473 45.1 miles from 04679 207-866-5062

Waldoboro Public Works 1600 Wagner Bridge Road Waldoboro ME 04572 54.4 miles from 04679 207-832-4255

About Public Works

Does Public Works charge for services?

Some Public Works operations, such as maintenance of roads, parks and public facilities are typically funded through general taxation. Other services such as trash collection, water service and sewer service may be funded by user fees. Fees for trash collection may be a flat monthly service fee, or may be based on volume of trash collected.

Who is responsible for maintaining sidewalks?

The specifics vary from one jurisdiction to the next. Typically, the Public Works Department installs new sidewalks and replaces old sidewalks in accordance with a replacement schedule. Most state statutes and local ordinances place responsibility for maintenance of sidewalks with the property owner. In addition to repairs for sidewalks, property owners are almost always responsible for clearing sidewalks of snow and obstructions.

Can I get a stop sign installed on my street?

In most jurisdictions, a request for a stop sign may be made through the Public Works Department's engineering or roads maintenance division. The location is usually investigated and studied to determine if a stop sign is warranted and meets any applicable state guidelines for traffic control devices.