04650 Public Works

Find 04650 departments of public works or DPW. Public works departments provide information on public projects, maintenance of parks, buildings, roads, highways, bridges, tunnels, traffic signals, snow removal, public utilities, water treatment and sewage.

Belfast Public Works 55 Congress Street Belfast ME 04915 16.7 miles from 04650 207-338-2375

Southwest Harbor Public Works 178 Seal Cove Road Southwest Harbor ME 04679 18.4 miles from 04650 207-244-7917

Camden Public Works 40 John Street Camden ME 04843 18.8 miles from 04650 207-236-7954

Rockport Public Works 35 Elwood Avenue Rockport ME 04856 19.7 miles from 04650 207-236-6245

Rockland Public Works 9 Burrows St Rockland ME 04841 24.2 miles from 04650 207-594-0320

Ellsworth City Public Works 526 Main Street Ellsworth ME 04605 24.3 miles from 04650 207-667-2037

Hampden Public Works 106 Western Avenue Hampden ME 04444 31.9 miles from 04650 207-862-3337

Waldoboro Public Works 1600 Wagner Bridge Road Waldoboro ME 04572 35.4 miles from 04650 207-832-4255

Bangor Public Works 530 Maine Avenue Bangor ME 04401 36.1 miles from 04650 207-992-4500

Orono Public Works 80 Penobscot Street Orono ME 04473 41.2 miles from 04650 207-866-5062

Winslow Public Works 120 Halifax Street Winslow ME 04901 47.2 miles from 04650 207-872-1972

Winslow Town Public Works 20 Dean Street Winslow ME 04901 47.7 miles from 04650 207-872-1960

Public Works Near Me

About Public Works

Does Public Works charge for services?

Some Public Works operations, such as maintenance of roads, parks and public facilities are typically funded through general taxation. Other services such as trash collection, water service and sewer service may be funded by user fees. Fees for trash collection may be a flat monthly service fee, or may be based on volume of trash collected.

Who is responsible for maintaining sidewalks?

The specifics vary from one jurisdiction to the next. Typically, the Public Works Department installs new sidewalks and replaces old sidewalks in accordance with a replacement schedule. Most state statutes and local ordinances place responsibility for maintenance of sidewalks with the property owner. In addition to repairs for sidewalks, property owners are almost always responsible for clearing sidewalks of snow and obstructions.

Can I get a stop sign installed on my street?

In most jurisdictions, a request for a stop sign may be made through the Public Works Department's engineering or roads maintenance division. The location is usually investigated and studied to determine if a stop sign is warranted and meets any applicable state guidelines for traffic control devices.