03740 Public Works

Find 03740 departments of public works or DPW. Public works departments provide information on public projects, maintenance of parks, buildings, roads, highways, bridges, tunnels, traffic signals, snow removal, public utilities, water treatment and sewage.

Littleton Public Works 240 West Main Street Littleton NH 03561 12.8 miles from 03740 603-444-5051

Woodstock Public Works 165 Lost River Road Woodstock NH 03262 17.3 miles from 03740 603-745-8783

Whitefield Public Works 13 Anna Dr Whitefield NH 03598 22.2 miles from 03740 603-837-2202

Barre Public Works 6 North Main Street Barre VT 05641 25.9 miles from 03740 802-476-0260

Montpelier Public Works 1480 Paine Turnpike North Berlin VT 05602 29.1 miles from 03740 802-229-1401

Montpelier City Public Works 39 Main Street Montpelier VT 05602 30.0 miles from 03740 802-223-9508

Hanover Public Works 194 Lebanon Street Hanover NH 03755 37.2 miles from 03740 603-643-3327

Waterbury Public Works 556 Barnes Hill Road Waterbury Center VT 05677 38.6 miles from 03740 802-241-4129

Enfield Public Works 74 Lockehaven Road Enfield NH 03748 39.6 miles from 03740 603-632-4605

Lebanon Public Works 20 Spencer Street Lebanon NH 03766 39.6 miles from 03740 603-448-3112

Meredith Public Works 347 Daniel Webster Highway Center Harbor NH 03226 40.6 miles from 03740 603-279-6352

Bristol Town Public Works 100 Ayers Island Rd Bristol NH 03222 42.5 miles from 03740 603-744-2441

Gorham Public Works 24 Main Street Gorham NH 03581 42.5 miles from 03740 603-466-5025

Johnson Public Works 661 Railroad St Johnson VT 05656 46.8 miles from 03740 802-635-2301

Center Conway Public Works 1634 Main Street Conway NH 03813 47.4 miles from 03740 603-447-3855

Laconia Public Works 27 Bisson Avenue Laconia NH 03246 51.7 miles from 03740 603-528-6379

Gilford Public Works 55 Cherry Valley Road Gilford NH 03249 52.3 miles from 03740 603-527-4787

Belmont Public Works 149 Hurricane Road Belmont NH 03220 55.3 miles from 03740 603-528-2677

Public Works Near Me

About Public Works

Does Public Works charge for services?

Some Public Works operations, such as maintenance of roads, parks and public facilities are typically funded through general taxation. Other services such as trash collection, water service and sewer service may be funded by user fees. Fees for trash collection may be a flat monthly service fee, or may be based on volume of trash collected.

Who is responsible for maintaining sidewalks?

The specifics vary from one jurisdiction to the next. Typically, the Public Works Department installs new sidewalks and replaces old sidewalks in accordance with a replacement schedule. Most state statutes and local ordinances place responsibility for maintenance of sidewalks with the property owner. In addition to repairs for sidewalks, property owners are almost always responsible for clearing sidewalks of snow and obstructions.

Can I get a stop sign installed on my street?

In most jurisdictions, a request for a stop sign may be made through the Public Works Department's engineering or roads maintenance division. The location is usually investigated and studied to determine if a stop sign is warranted and meets any applicable state guidelines for traffic control devices.